1 Theme or Multiple Themes?

Laviskajoermoy

Some one told me that a theme is the image of the forum. Mostly professional forums or blogs only have one theme and it looks like as a trademark of them. Is it better for forums or blogs to have more than 1 theme?
What do you think about this?

SIG

If you can offer one alternative theme for your forum go for it. Some people will like it.

There is no problem with having 2 themes in the eyes of Google (as far as I know), but when it comes to websites/blogs/presentation websites, it's a totally different story as you will lose rankings if you change your theme more than 2 times, as per my experience.

popwin1

You can have multiple themes and users can seelct what theme do they like . This will make your forum unique in a way and people will stay a bit for it's look. Which is a great thing considering people are no longer active that much on a forum these days . You can try this and tell us how it goes also :)

Amanda

Honestly, this is based on personal preference. A forum or website that has multiple themes--5+ themes--would seem desperate to please everyone. To me, that is a little excessive. Let's face it, you simply cannot please everyone. Typically, I like to have a light and dark version of the same theme to allow users to have something close to their preference. But, with a current forum project I've not done that yet.

AndiLim

Well for me it will be good if the main website has a unique theme compared to its affiliate sites. The theme will help in recognizing that a certain website is connected with the other one. But of course we all have our different preferences when it comes to the layout of our website. For me its about the uniformity this will help in creating an impact to the users who browse the website. It will be easier for them to identify the connection between this website to the other one.

ulterios

Having been a forum user for a very long time on a countless number of forums, I can tell you that for the most part I have always used the default theme.

I do know that some people have a preference as to liking a light or dark theme. So going by that I would think that having 2, one light and one dark, would probably be just right. Amanda had stated that she does this herself on her forums and I feel that's what most people would be happy with.

As long as you have a nice visually appealing forum then most people probably won't really care if you have multiples. IMO

Laviskajoermoy

Honestly, this is based on personal preference. A forum or website that has multiple themes--5+ themes--would seem desperate to please everyone. To me, that is a little excessive. Let's face it, you simply cannot please everyone. Typically, I like to have a light and dark version of the same theme to allow users to have something close to their preference. But, with a current forum project I've not done that yet.
This interested me and I agree about themes for forums but for websites doing business I don't see they are using more than 2 templates on their website.

Having been a forum user for a very long time on a countless number of forums, I can tell you that for the most part I have always used the default theme.

I do know that some people have a preference as to liking a light or dark theme. So going by that I would think that having 2, one light and one dark, would probably be just right. Amanda had stated that she does this herself on her forums and I feel that's what most people would be happy with.

As long as you have a nice visually appealing forum then most people probably won't really care if you have multiples. IMO
You are right!

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.