New Thumbs Up/Down & Quoted You Function

elcidofaguy

Dear All,

You may have noticed the new "thumbs up/down and who quoted you" function which has just recently been added to the forum.

Its located in the lower right hand corner and is a quick way to show your appreciation or disagreement on any posts: thumbupanddown.jpg

In addition you also receive updates when someone gives you a thumbs or quotes you via the "notifications" menu item which is shown below your user name as well as a summary displayed with your details when you make a post on the forum.

We hope you enjoy using this new feature and of course let us know what you think of it...

Cheers,

Sid

wms

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Sid for announcing about this news

Yeah, I logged in today and had a bunch of notifications. Most were thumbs up from people. I am liking this new feature so far. I hope others do as well
Nice to know you like these features :ertery:

SEOPub

Why have a thumbs up/down feature AND a thanks button? You really only need one or the other, right?

A side note to that, I think the thumbs down feature might end up being a bad idea. It could be the kind of thing that starts fights/disagreements or just leaves someone with a bad taste in their mouth.

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
That's a great point buddy - certainly worth considering... After all FB still to this day hasn't introduced a "Not Like" button of some sorts... Curious to hear of other opinions ;-)

wms

Administrator
Staff member
Why have a thumbs up/down feature AND a thanks button? You really only need one or the other, right?
Yeah we can use one of two features but I think we could use both because

"Thumbs up" when someone reads your post and agreeing that your posts are "Ok, good, useful, cool, great..." then they should press it.

"Thanks" when someone got helps from you and they need to say "Thanks for your helps" when they should press on "Thanks" button.

A side note to that, I think the thumbs down feature might end up being a bad idea. It could be the kind of thing that starts fights/disagreements or just leaves someone with a bad taste in their mouth.
You are right in this case :)

And, with this case, I pressed thumbs up on your post for a good question :cool:

Hawker

Nice.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!

That's my motto! :ertery:

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.