Have you worked with penalized sites? If so, how did you fix them?

expmrb

Are speaking of manual actions penalty? I have dealt with couple of sites which have got MAP.
I worked them out all. And now everything is fine. Just tell what kind of penalty you are referring here.

Miguelito203

It depends on the kind of penalty you get. Some things can be worked out, and your rankings will improve or whatever. For other things, it's just recommend that you start over with a brand new site. I've heard of marketers that have tried to game the system, and they got screwed. Even after they tried to fix stuff, it didn't help because their site had been like sandboxed and eventually deindexed. When it comes to ranking for certain things, there is a human component, so if they don't like what you're doing or whatever, there's nothing you can do about it.

Joey

elcidofaguy

A while back I purchased a de-indexed domain.... The domain name is awesome and has lots of potential hence why I took a bet on it... Suffice to say I put together some simple content, set it up with Google Webmaster tools and submitted a reconsideration request, noting that within WMT that it stated that there was a manual penalty.... Its taken a few months, but a few days ago I got the message that the domain has been approved and is already back in the index.... Hence it can be easy to fix if you are working from scratch...

In other cases you will need to fix your website, disavow any bad links and then make an appeal/reconsideration request if its a manual penalty otherwise you'll have to wait it out for the next penguin/panda refresh...

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.