What is the advantage of a YouTube channel?

CyberAlchemist

Hello guys,

I have 5 videos and still working on other projects. I want to know what is the advantage of uploading videos to a Youtube channel or just uploading them directly to you tube?

Thanks

Developer

Think of a YTC just as you would an FB Page. Categorizing specific video types, changing the look/feel of the page and being able to posts videos from other's are all beneficial depending on what you're trying to achieve.

By using a channel, you can post specific video types, design the page (sort of) around the theme of those videos and can even post videos from other users within. The point, and your overall goal, I would assume, would be to draw as many people to YOUR channel as you can, so placing any videos (be them yours or not) would be beneficial as long as it gives the viewer the info they are after. Your viewers will soon turn into subscribers once they see YOU are providing them easy access to the types of videos they are looking for.

In all, channels give you the opportunity to categorize and niche-ify a page on YouTube, making it easier and quicker for you, and others, to find videos based on topic, likes, dislikes, etc...

In addition, creating a YT channel allows you to display a short description about your channel as well as small thumbnail images of the videos you've uploaded or added, lists of members to whom you've subscribed, videos of other members you've selected as your favorites, lists of your you tube friends and subscribers and also becomes a section where others can post comments about your channel and videos within.

Again, think of a YTC just like you would a Facebook Fan Page. At least that's how I present it to my clients when asked this same question.

Hope this helps.

WebmasterPhil

A YouTube Channel is great for branding. You can put your URL on your YouTube cover. It's also great for getting a following and repeat visitors are always a good thing.

mrjock

Do you plan on making a living solely from youtube or are you using youtube to showcase videos of your products?

Mike001

I have used YouTube to successfully grow my web presence. It is a great way to get your URL out there and promote your website. It also allows me to post videos in a higher state of resolution than I would want to maintain on my website for direct streaming. I do stream quite a few unique videos on my website but there are many that are supported on both platforms with YouTube having the higher resolution.

It also gives me a great opportunity to provide a fallback video source for users that do not have a browser that supports HTML5 video format. Instead of writing all the additional code required to support numerous fallback styles of video, I can check to see if the browser supports HTML5 video, and if not direct them to the video on YouTube.

There are many advantages to supporting both your web presence and social networks linked back to your web presence.

highvoltpower

Good reason to adding video and a YouTube channel to your site is to gives the viewer’s more content. When people get good content that it is solving their problems and they stay longer on site and like to come back and visit again. YouTube channel gives us a good creative outlet. An important component of any social networking website is the capability for its users to make connections, and YouTube is no different. If you are allow viewers to add comments on your videos, you can provide answers and create a connection with them.

CyberAlchemist

A YouTube Channel is great for branding. You can put your URL on your YouTube cover. It's also great for getting a following and repeat visitors are always a good thing.
I agree with you and I used links on youtube cover to my sites. It is a good way to get links and visitors to our websites

It also gives me a great opportunity to provide a fallback video source for users that do not have a browser that supports HTML5 video format. Instead of writing all the additional code required to support numerous fallback styles of video, I can check to see if the browser supports HTML5 video, and if not direct them to the video on YouTube.
what is HTML5 video format? I have not ever heard about this

I can check to see if the browser supports HTML5 video, and if not direct them to the video on YouTube.
what do you mean? Will you have two cases for this? how?

webindiamaster

You tube channel have advantages as below.Below is the quick recap
1. Branding through videos
2. Referrral traffic to your website
3. Get found yourself on Google through serp results
4. last but not the least a great source of revenue through remarketing.

kathyclark_sams

Video has become a huge part of our online experience. ave you noticed recently that most of the content shared on Facebook is video? Even Mark Zuckerberg says that the future of Facebook is video. Remember, Youtube is full of opportunities. Only you have to grab it. Following are the advantage of Youtube channel-

Vast Audiences
Links and Web Traffic
Brand exposure
Social Credibility
Helps in Google ranking

EpicGlobalWeb

YouTube is the next generation of television. The amount of potential exposure on it is massive. Last I checked, a banner ad on the top of YouTube is > half a million dollars.

One other advantage that may not have been given attention to is its potential to allow the customer to see and "feel" you or your products. Reviews are a great way to demonstrate products. In today's market, the person with the most presence wins, and also the person who gives the most information. This is information-assisted selling. And since e-commerce sites, for example, don't allow the option for the customer to actually be there, a video demonstration is what will give you the competitive edge you need.

In the future, with technologies like Oculus, (I hope that's how it's spelled) will increase demand for video as well. The web 2.0 movement really brought it to life in recent years.

manpreet9227

If you have youtube channel you can network with other popular Youtube channel in your niche for partnership which opens up alot of potential of traffic to your website. Most of the successful website have youtube channel for branding to increase the value of their brand, to build following and trust.

You can increase your subscribers by actively promoting your channels and also earn money through ads at the same time.

Claire_Anderson

You tube channel is a very popular social media network. YouTube is used by the marketing companies, to promote the brands and to spread the awareness of company products. It is also used by the common people to earn money. I have seen many people who earn money through advertisements in you tube.

sridhivya

YouTube is the best marketing tool to promote your brand or product. It also helps to improve traffic, search engine ranking and to get reputation.

Ergoprime

People LOVE rich media content. Videos convert the best if you compare them to text or images. Forget Youtube monetization. Use Youtube to rank on the first page of google, make silo structures with your videos and give your viewers a good reason to click on the link in your description.

That's the best way to earn from youtube.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.