How many types of meta tags and which ones are useful for SEO?

Dopani

I want to know how many types of meta tags and which ones are useful for SEO? including meta tags from social networks?

I usually use Title and Description tag on my sites. Is keyword tag still important for any search engines like Bing?

hynds

There're hundreds of meta tag in HTML that you can use in your website. You can view it here [URLnofo]http://www.metatags.org/all_metatags[/URLnofo]
Nowday, the keyword tag is not important anymore in SEO, some SEO tools do not encourage using it, however, you can use it without problems :)

sweetsdailyupdates

Yes there are lots of meta tags but some of them are very useful as per SEO point of view.

Please review meta tags [URLnf="http://www.metatags.info/all_meta_tags"]here[/URLnf].

Google is not giving any priority to keywords meta tag. If you want to use your keywords so just create your title and description on the basis of keywords because google consider title and description as ranking factor.

Cherin

Title and Description are main meta tags. The search engine robot results the list of webpagse based on keyword mentioned in Title and description.

Miguelito203

I've always stuck to the basics: title, description, using keyword tags on posts and/or pages, and sprinkling the main keyword and variations of it throughout the text. With that said, I think that can be too much of a good thing, so I do it in the context of trying to write as naturally as possible. If people don't connect with what you've written and aren't encouraged to take action, where you rank for a keyword in the search engines isn't really going to matter.

Joey

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.