Is making money online your hobby or your work?

Unknown

Well, making money online initially started as a hobby for me. I was still in the university when I began doing small tasks and jobs online. I began with very small things such as surveys, PTC sites and things similar to that. I didn't do any real freelancing jobs back then... I just had to spend a lot of time still studying and doing exams. I slowly started transitioning into a freelancer when I saw which niches and areas are profitable and that I can offer my services.

Now that I've finished university I have turned online money making into my full-time job. I mainly focus on freelancing jobs such as designing, SEO, writing, affiliate marketing and more. I love it and I wouldn't go to a normal job. I make more than enough earning online so why would I? It's the best thing in the world... being able to do what you're passionate about.

King78

It is just my hobby now but maybe it is going to be my work. it is because I just started earning money online a month ago and I'm not earning much from it. But if I earn more than my current job, it will be my work of course. Some of my friends are also like this and they have accepted it as their work and the main source of their income. It depends from person to person.

Soulwatcher

Its been a few years since I tried making money offline, but I hope one day to make a little spending money from my forum/blog. Or at the very least I want it to pay for its self. So I guess the answer to your question is its just a hobby for me.

P.S. I still have my adsense account and I am just waiting for enough traffic to make it worth while putting on my website.

Tania997

It's a hobby, finding an online job that allows you to quit your work would be my dream, but I'm pretty sure that's almost impossible to do. SEO, freelancing.. none of them are permanent and if you quit your job for them who knows what might happen. As of right now I'm still using those small PTC Sites and answering to surveys.

TheAuthor

Started off as simple curiosity really, which soon turned to fascination which is why I could never stop. As for actual income, still on a part time basis but can sustain an online budget and a little on the side. Can't say I'm making quite enough to call it my primary source of income...yet. I think there will always be a certain level of struggle, because actually making money online is a constant study. Which is why it is important to decide on something you love doing, you need to find what works for you because it is different for everyone.

Hurry14

For now it's just a hobby of mine to earn extra cash for myself because I have a full-time job. But if things goes really good, maybe I'll make this hobby my full-time job. Earning enough money without a boss will be a great, having my own time for myself and working whenever I want to is the life I'm looking for.

gilaraymark

As of now. I am unemployed and I use most of my time using computer and browsing into the internet. I just saw a video on youtube on how to make money online. by that time I got interested on making money online. So I do some research on what can I do to make money online. I just learn that I can earn money online by not just selling products but also by being a freelancer. So I think I can make this a hobby or my work.

Heatman

I know for some people here are making money online just a hobby. For others, making money online may be their only source of income. So, which is it for you?
If it's your main source of income, do you feel like you make enough, or is it a struggle? any thoughts?
It's actually a bit of both. I spend more that 15 hours in a day online, so I decided to redirect my dedication to making money as well. Since I mostly be online for fun, I now turned my hobby into making money as well. That is killing two birds with one stone to me.

I see no reason why I subscribe and just waste it in simply surfing the Internet and chatting on messenger application, when I can convert my subscription and time into making some cool cash online.

kielrivera

I am doing this while I am still unemployed. These online jobs are really helpful. But once I got hired, I still continue these. It really helps you to earn extra income. Just be careful because there's a lot of fake/scam sites.

saygorem

For me it's both a hobby and work because I am looking for an online job that actually pays. Now I'm treating my work as a hobby. I look at it in a positive angle. You should treat your work as a hobby.

srenee

I am in a transition in my life and am focusing on making online marketing/business work. It has been more difficult than I thought. Part of it has been learning what I really like. I was a 'maker' who worked with her hands for most of my life, though I did use the computer, I have never been employed in anyway where I needed to develop IT skills. I pick up new skills quickly and I love the idea of making good money and being mobile. I know it is possible, so I am on my way!

spectat0r

It's my main source of income and its more than enough to cover my expenses on a monthly basis. I've been working online for almost 3 years now and I feel so lucky to have the same clients.

I'm one of those people who believe than online jobs can be a true profession.

Blank628

It is like my hobby but it is more likely a side job to earn an extra income. For me, it is way better to have a stable job because you are sure that you will earn money. If I don't have work or I get boring in a day, I search to the internet some money making online and try to earn more money. It's not that hard so everyone can try it.

rjohndava86

Making money online is my part time job. I have a regular job as a staff nurse in a government hospital but I want to be productive during my off days that is why I'm doing part time job online. Part time job online is very easy and economical. You have a control to your time. If you feel tired you can rest anytime you want. There is no boss that will supervise you and no needed quotas to be reached. I like very much the online job. It increases my cash flow.

Zeo

This is my first time making money online and I think of it as my hobby. If I got nothing to do I thought maybe I can do something that could be worth the time I can spend so I searched for ways where I can use all my time and found online jobs that pays for my opinion and comments. I took the opportunity not as a job but a hobby which can relieve me of my boredom and at the same time It benefits me that I can improve my skills in expressing my self, sharing my opinion and ideas in english which is not my first language.

anor0428

For me, I consider it both as hobby and money making since I having nothing much to do for now. Working online is cool since you don't need do spend much on transportation because most of works can be done at home.

msBlue

Earning money online is more of my hobby. Its never easy earning money thus it needs time and effort. It is hard especially when you are starting but if you're a newbie there are sites on Google that is newbie friendly all you have to do is research and take action.

Heatman

I think it's both for me at the moment. Before now it's just a hobby for me but I decided to channel that hobby into making some cool cash without any stress while also enjoying myself simultaneously.

lovefoxycharms

I've been working online for 5 years now and this is only my source of income. From teaching English, proof reading, translating, answering surveys and joining forums such as this one has let me just work and stay in the comforts of our home. It's also a struggle since you cannot just stick on one field in order to make more money. In the past few years, I have learned that if you want to earn more, you should also be innovative and you should not stop learning more skills and improving them in order to be more productive in online business.

Samwrita

I started on 2014 as a writer for a website that paid writers with crypto-currency. This was my first time ever to make money online and I can remember the thrill. The downside, however, was that payment was determined by the market rate of bitcoin, which kept fluctuating. However, as a person who doesn't live in a "1st Tier" country, the cash helped a lot with bills and all.

After roughly one year of steady income, the price of bitcoin fell down to the ground, prompting me to quit. Not long after, I came across an eBook that taught about how to find jobs on Craigslist - gigs to be precise. Being an graphic designer and illustrator, I tried it out and it worked! Before long, I had a growing base of clients who have continued to keep me busy to date.

Still, writing is my second passion. Happy to share my experience with you!

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.