Twitter vs. Tumblr which is better ?

centurion

Thanks for the beautiful techniques. I have been using tumblr for the last few years and the techniques here has been described by the ergoprime for tumblr will be work must. Its all white hat SEO technique. These all techniques are real white hat SEO based technique.

Thanks
Centurion

alexanderzx360

Tumblr is not that good for advertising or getting people to go to your blog. Most of the audience that go to tumblr will stick to it, so unless you make your blog entirely on tumblr without any external link, it probably won't be very profitable. Twitter is the best way to go since you can have a small description of a post from your blog, and right next to it the link to visit it

Thanks for the beautiful techniques. I have been using tumblr for the last few years and the techniques here has been described by the ergoprime for tumblr will be work must. Its all white hat SEO technique. These all techniques are real white hat SEO based technique.

Thanks
Centurion
Nevertheless, as he just said, Tumblr is all white hat SEO, but it's still very hard to get viewers to visit your blog thanks to it

Cheers!

JonathanS

Well, I've never actually thought about comparing the two. From a user's perspective, I'd go with Tumblr. It deals with quality versus quantity. You have more posts of value on Tumblr than tweets on Twitter.

From a bloggers perspective, I'd suggest Twitter. The thing about Twitter traffic is the purpose of what you're actually doing it for. If you're simply looking for traffic on your site, it's the right direction. But if you're looking for referrals or affiliate leads to convert into sales. It probably isn't the best place. I've gotten some conversions from Twitter. But not any real quality traffic.

The one thing I would say is that in the comparison between the two, why not go with both? In the hunt to get traffic to your niche, the idea is to pull for all viable sources of traffic. Rather than one specific quality source. So be open to different sources of traffic. Even sites like Google+ that are somewhat fizzling out, are worth promoting on here and there.

manmad

There isn't really a better one, cause you just can't compare social medias like that, however Tumblr has been dying in the past year or so and it has been a victim of huge amounts of botting, Twitter doesn't differ too much from that, but it's a bit better. I'd suggest using Twitter if you want to advertise your business or whatever kind of work you'd want to. Tumblr is usually better if you'd want to show your art to other people.

Heather

I dont know why does question like this exist. No offence, but why do you have to choose if you can do both? In the idea of wanting to create more traffics on your blog, you have to actually maximize everything you could possibly do and not minimize your resources. right?

Jacob.k

try both... not just booth, try many different SM... what works - concentrate on it, what doesnt dump... dont be afraid to test, and dont see it as a waste of time, see it as an investment into your business, because it really is. Nothing is more important than learning from experience.

MarkBase

Depends on your target, if your target is 10-15 yrs old girls choose Tumblr. If your target is adults choose Twitter xd

aretteprieve

It's different two compare them. As you're using Twitter already, try to use Tumblr as well. It's good for posting blogs and pictures so if this kind of content suits your purposes why not to give it a try?

jaymish

I think it depends on what you are trying to advertise, the demographic you are targeting and the country. Full disclosure I 've never heard of anyone, I know talking about Tumblr.I've seen it as a choice when a website is requesting you to share their content.

My advice would be to go with Twitter. However, I would also be careful with Twitter because I think it caters to a particular class of people.i.e the middle-class intelectualls, that enjoy intelligent content.

Having said that I really would go with neither as i prefer other social medial platforms.

Judas2018

As a person whose never used Tumblr before I can't say that Twitter is superior or inferior to it. I've been intrigued by Tumblr at times but have never bothered to try and establish a permanent presence on there. I might look into it further one day but right now, it's all twitter, google plus, facebook and pinterest for me.

anaaibachan

I think it's unfair to compare which of the two platforms are better because Twitter and Tumblr are different. It's best to contrast platforms that have similarities like for example, Instagram versus Tumblr. Why? Tumblr and Instagram allows posting of photos after a member creates, or links an account with them. I think you need to study which platform is popular in a certain country. Here in the Philippines, more people are using Facebook and Instagram over Twitter. I think it pays to study demographics of your intended market country before delving into anything technical. It's all just going to be a waste of time when you skip studying your intended customers.

ecole11j

I would say Twitter for sure. Tumblr is mostly teenagers posting about fandoms from what I've seen. Twitter has a way broader audience. Unless you have some very specific niche that caters to the type of people you might find on Tumblr (artists, activists), go with Twitter.

edwardkenway

Actually these 2 sites are so popular,but main thing is that what is more comfortable to you. If you want to bookmarking for your website then tumblr is good, not only bookmarking you can also publish your articles, if you are associated or familiar with banner or gif files then this site is very helpful for you.
Other hand twitter got more feature like you can share videos it could be any tutorial, any gameplay or other things,
for this way the site is very useful. Between these two websites these 2 are in win-win position no one is lesser than others. But in the way of site popularity twitter goes first, but these sites are very useful.

etdigital

Hello,
I would suggest to use both platforms, share relevant content and images and see which platform is working best for you.

carolinasky

Test the Water

I can agree with you on this I personally like to use multiple social media sites when it comes to marketing for our company. I do not like Tumblr or Twitter, I am just not a fan of how the sites work. I tried both social media sites and just found that twitter and Tumblr are not for me. I do however use several other social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and linked in. I agree it is best to make judgement by using the different sites to see which work best. Plus why nit have options for yourself as well as possibly having larger audience using many sites. Everyone likes choices and options, like customers they love have options from colors, designs, and times. Companies like to have options to choose so they may make their selves different than the other. So just as the person above said test the waters and decide what is best for you and the company.

paritosh

Hello everyone,

I am using twitter form last one year. It has good traffic source for my blog. But recently I hears Tumblr is one of the best social networking site to drive traffic to blog and getting high quality backlinks.

Which side is good to drive traffic to blog?
Hi,

As you told I think you should apply both of these social media platforms.

In my opinion both platforms are good to generate organic traffic for your blog.

nacyreyes

Hello everyone,

I am using twitter form last one year. It has good traffic source for my blog. But recently I hears Tumblr is one of the best social networking site to drive traffic to blog and getting high quality backlinks.

Twitter is a good source of traffic but Tumblr is appropriate for blogging site. Thanks

stephenrobes

Hello everyone,

Both sites are good source of huge traffic. Which is better, this question solution is How both sites handling you.

ellastien

Hello everyone,

No doubt Twitter is a large platform of traffic and Tumblr is right place for blog platform. :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views