Why we need SEO

Judas2018

SEO isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's still very necessary to running a successful website or online business. However, webmasters have been empowered with other tools to drive their brands popularity and success also. So SEO hasn't been replaced, it's simply been surrounded by better alternatives. Ones that can help you drive traffic and sales while you wait for your SEO work to pay off. Thus creating an overall more optimistic environment.

jeffscott

I'm hardly a kid.
My response was not arrogant.
"Kind of a dumb question. Not sure if you are even being serious" -SEOPub
Do i need to repeat it to you or look at the mirror and take those statement to yourself then tell me what you would feel?

The question makes no sense. It is pretty simple.
"My response was not arrogant" -SEOPub
Yes because you only believe in yourself because you didn't make any mistakes.
We on this reputable forum feel sorry for taking a mistake on this forum. Happy now?

What is more complicated about it than that?
There is no complicated about that because it is you who making it complicated.

SEOPub

SEOPub

Nothing you said there makes any sense either.

The OP asked "why we need SEO". It is a silly question. Nobody "needs" SEO unless they want search engine traffic. That's all there is to it.

Frankly, it looks like the kind of thread that a spammer starts to get their post count up. Happens a lot on forums like this.

Was my answer blunt? Maybe. But so what?

paul1129

paul1129
I don't think that your answer was blunt or rude either. It was straight to the point.

And isn't the purpose of a forum to provide information straight to the point without any delay from the professionals?

Salmaan

let me tell you with an example, lets say you are selling wedding dresses in America and i am looking for wedding dresses for my wife and i live in America. i will search on google best wedding dressing in America and on first SERP (Search Engine Result Page) and you come on it and i will prefer to open first 10 pages and if your website is on the first SERP chances are i will buy from you. So, SEO is very important now a days for a website. if you want to increase the traffic of your website or want to increase the sale of your website.

softprodigy

SEO is Good for Business Visibility and Branding. If you have a website, blog or online store, SEO can help your business grow and meet the business objectives.

Nicole

SEO helps businesses to rank on top of Google searches. Using SEO you can grow your business faster & for long-run. The main reason this is beneficial because customers more likely to trust a brand that appears in the top positions as opposed to those towards the bottom of the results list.

Jitendrayadav

if you have online business means website then how you can make it visible for users around the world.. Obvious with the help of marketing, and in that SEO is the cheapest Internet marketing mechanism.

professorrosado

Very good responses here, especially from Mike001 #8.
I'd like to add my own perspective on this SEO question. Like others and Mike001 have stated, you do not need SEO if you plan on or otherwise need to focus on other forms of web traffic - SEs are not the only, nor best sources. And I prefer "other than SERP" (SERP = Search Engine Results Page) sources even just as a hedge against the "Google Animals" (when Google changes it's algorithms and essentially pulls out the rug from under you).

I have heard of numerous accounts of Internet Marketers and bloggers losing their hard worked for income right after Google release one of its ferocious website biting animals from its bottomless bowels. All the work people went through to SEO their sites and the money people spent to rank higher in the SERPs only to wake up one morning to find the fox got into their chicken pen (coop).

Then of course, what is the only solution for these ravaged and abused by Google webmasters? To pay Google for advertising - of course!

In NYC some unscrupulous auto glass repair shops would hire street thugs to go around and break car windows to drum up business when things got slow and it sure looks a lot like what Google does when they change their algorithms and all of the sudden a mad rush of new advertisers start using Adwords and placing ad orders to keep traffic flowing and try to maintain or regain their previous sales volume.

Simply, I think it sucks - BIG TIME!

That is why I don't PANDA (pun intended) to Google anymore - not that I ever really. Why should I help them become a better search engine only for them to close down my Adsense without any second chance and to rape my online business with their beast s and then shake me down for advertising which I wouldn't have needed if they would simply cooperate with the hands that feed them.

Simply, to find targeted traffic is something you and I can do far easier than Google can.
To create quality content is something we can do far better than Google will ever.
If they indeed seek quality content - I surely produce it and let them find me.
I keep busy finding my targeted traffic, fertilizing the lot and setting up my funnels to siphon converting traffic without Google.

And when Google releases its beasts - I remain UNAFFECTED and UNIMPRESSED!

We should not develop our businesses dependent on another - we must build a solid self sustaining business that produces steady income no matter what Google or anyone else does. That is my focus and I urge you all to focus similarly.

Yes Google may entice you with easy traffic once you make it to page one - but their next monster may devour you in the next round. How many times are you willing to start over at the whim of another ingrate?

That question is yours alone to answer as I move forward to others.

jeffscott

Nothing you said there makes any sense either.
It is because your frank message makes you arrogant that's makes sense at all you are criticizing the members here instead of guiding them decently.

Frankly, it looks like the kind of thread that a spammer starts to get their post count up. Happens a lot on forums like this.
Irrelevant. Your so called frank message has nothing to do with the discussion.

Was my answer blunt? Maybe. But so what?
Yes it is. Not maybe. See that's how arrogant works and in real life it mirrors yourself.

Kakashi2020

The answer is also very simple. Your website doesn't "need" SEO.

Kind of a dumb question. Not sure if you are even being serious.
All sites need SEO, the question is what
Type of SEO would be more effective
on getting your site ranked. The Question
was too general to begin with.

I'm hardly a kid.

My response was not arrogant. The question makes no sense. It is pretty simple. If you want traffic from search engines, then you need to do some work to rank for appropriate search terms. If you do not care about search engine traffic, then you do not need SEO.

What is more complicated about it than that?
I agree with you on that, the question posted
was very vague and general that it has no
sense. If someone is posting a thread it
should be a serious and logical one. The
post has no logic in it because all sites,
whether the site owner knows it or not is
using or needs SEO, cause if not then why
the hell did you create the site on the first
place if your not interested in traffic or
monetization. So the post has no sense.

SEOPub

It is because your frank message makes you arrogant that's makes sense at all you are criticizing the members here instead of guiding them decently.

Irrelevant. Your so called frank message has nothing to do with the discussion.

Yes it is. Not maybe. See that's how arrogant works and in real life it mirrors yourself.
You really have no idea what you are talking about. Being blunt is not being arrogant. I just did not see any reason to type out 6 paragraphs to explain that someone who does not care about search engine traffic does not need SEO.

Look again at what the OP asked in their first post.

The question is very simple, that why we need seo for our website
My response answered that question. You are acting like they were asking for SEO help and I refused to answer them. They weren't. I answered what they asked. It was other members later after my response that started turning the thread into more of an SEO discussion.

My response might look out of place if your read later posts in the thread first and then read mine. In that case, then yeah my post probably would look rude. However, if you look at what the OP posted, and what I immediately responded to, I answered their question.

As far as helping members on the forum... christ. Get a grip. Take some time to read through posts I have made here over the past few years. I have offered a ton of helpful and actionable SEO advice.

Mike001

Jeffscott,

Not to get off topic but it appears to me that you are trying to be argumentative. SEOPub has helped more people on this site understand SEO than probably anyone else here. Obviously you have not read many of his posts.

Even in my response to this question, I refer to his knowledge of the subject. I am a college professor, that teaches web engineering at a University and I have learned many things about SEO reading through his responses. He is quite knowledgeable.

This forum is a forum to help people better understand Internet Marketing, SEO plays an important role in that subject. Instead of nick picking the members of the forum you would be better served to participate, voice your opinions in a professional manner and add to the conversation. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with responses, but do it in a professional manner. And before casting judgement on an individual do a little research in all they bring to the table.

Mike001

No apology necessary Jeff, I just wanted to point out the value of all of use working together.

I look forward to reading you discussions. By the way, it is just Mike, to the best of my knowledge I have not been Knighted ..... yet .... LOL

-Mike

rajveerkaur

We need the search engine optimization (SEO) because it is improving the website ranking performance. A perfect SEO service means, promoting a website online by using social network marketing and social bookmarking, Content marketing.

peter cook

Digital marketing is the best way to reach the clients. Seo is a part of digital marketing. Through SEO techniques help to increase organic traffic and ranking improve in Serach Engines. The end goal of SEO is usually to get a website to rank in the top position.

RickeySheffield

But in short. SEO isn't a "must" for several websites/niches but it is really, really helpful to get free targeted traffic to your website. And search engines (not only google) benefit out of it by exhibiting relevant content linked to the query, query. And the more relevant they can be, the more popular they get, more page views for them, and more advertisements could be exhibited. I believe Mike001 at post #8 made a long and complete answer to this query.

baldwinjackson

Well SEO is all about getting your business in front of potential searchers. There are so many myths about SEO which make it little complicated for newbie to understand. In simple words optimizing your website according to google guideline.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.