Can I promote my website just with social media?

AmieBotella

If your business is one of the small/medium enterprise then it is the most practical and economical tool to use. I've seen a lot of businesses that grew by advertising only in the social media. Some use SMO, others just the basic use of social media. Facebook, being one of the top social media platforms has grown its population worldwide and still inflates by the day. Utilizing the use of social media to boost your website is one of the best ways to go.

karlaaaaaa

Definitely you can. You can start by you yourself sharing it so your friends could see it, also you could sent an automatic invitation to like you page, for there you can start advertising your page, if you re planning to explore online businesses, that would be a good option to start too. Be sure that you do your research to make this effective.

francesca23

Yes of course. And it is totally free. You can put your website links to your profile page, to a friend's page, and to a group page, or even publicly. It's like an open door for everyone. Because nowadays, almost everyone has their social media accounts. And sharing your links in a limitless manner can do no harm.

rickylee

If you would like to promote your website on social media effectively, there are 3 easy steps that you can take consistently. Be everywhere, Be informational, Be consistent. If Social media platforms are free of charge, therefore, you will need to choose those relevant to your business. Besides the usual Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.

Social networks are considered to be a powerful arena for online marketing. They provide a direct and targeted way to communicate with the relevant audience, and they require less spending than more traditional marketing techniques. Managing multiple social networks is daunting. So, before you start posting content, requesting friends and adding followers, sign-up for a social media manager such as HootSuite. So, your first priority should be building that relationship with people, not pitching your service or product.

TheAuthor

Websites and brands can be promoted with many different tools, but social medias have proven to be the most effective of them in the past few years: you get in close touch with users, they're less invasive and they're generally more effective at redirecting traffic.
Given this, if I were to promote my website, could I rely on social networks only? Buying ads for a personal website seems like a waste, and I feel like affiliate marketing wouldn't work too well in the early stages.
Social media is a great way to promote your website/blog, providing your own social profiles are professional. But don't rely only on that, allow me to suggest back link building instead of any paid ads or "traffic packages". Most of those are nothing but robotic hits. You may also want to check out sites like Medium and Hub Pages to get your site in front of the masses. With affiliate marketing, I suggest you install a plugin like Pretty Link for professional link cloaking.

jeff22

Social media covers a lot of web sites and applications. Indeed, it is a great platform to promote your own web site. Many people involve their selves everyday in social media like facebook, twitter, youtube and many more. There's no reason that your product will not be recognized by million of people when it is endorsed or promoted in social media.

951Temec

Using social media as your only source of advertisement or spreading the word about your site sets you up for a long and up hill battle of getting noticed. It's entierely possible to start up on that avenue of solely social media marketing but it won't be easy and your content will have to be bar none above all else in order to maintain that stream of traffic. I wouldn't do it personally diversify your portfolio as to speak.

Judas2018

The best way or ways to market your website is by making connections with other sites or people within your lane or niche. Also produce quality articles, editorials and the like that get picked up by other blogs and high traffic sites. That form of link building combined with social media promotion will do wonders for your site.

DuyLinh

You absolutely Can promote your website just with social media.

A friend of mine he only used Facebook to promote his product and you know what?

He earned $1000 - $2000 a Day, he is buying his first villa just by social media

But we need to master, commited to mastery is the key!

And we can do it

Ish5501

Yes, sure you can! Social media is the best way to promote your business. Use Facebook, Twitter and Google plus to get good traffic to your website. Nowadays we can't implement any marketing plan without social media

anaaibachan

Yes, you can use social media to promote your website. If you're tight on budget, I suggest two things. First, you need to make quality content, and create back links whenever you're blogging. This is good especially if your current post is related to one of your past posts in the blog. Viewers of your blog can visit your blog's older posts so that your older content doesn't become stale. Second, you need to expand the number of people you know and start networking. Yes, attend events for bloggers so that you get to meet more people who share the same interests that you have. I will be attending the Blogapalooza this November. This event will give me the chance to meet other Filipino bloggers and swap business cards with them.

sweetpot81

Yes indeed. Social media is powerful tool in promoting business and websites. It's accessible and convenient. You can start with as your normal routine of posting in your social media sites. Sooner you will learn more ways how to improve and make most out of it . Once you already established what you are promoting then maybe you can take a look of using search engine optimization. There's no harm in trying just be passionate of want you want and work hard for it.

HazelDJ

Websites and brands can be promoted with many different tools, but social medias have proven to be the most effective of them in the past few years: you get in close touch with users, they're less invasive and they're generally more effective at redirecting traffic.
Given this, if I were to promote my website, could I rely on social networks only? Buying ads for a personal website seems like a waste, and I feel like affiliate marketing wouldn't work too well in the early stages.

Absolutely, you can promote your website through social media. Nowadays, the people who are using the internet have their own facebook account. This have been a way of life not only for reaching out friends but for many purposes. Facebook helps the readers to be informed. Putting here about your website caters individuals to read and even to click your ads.

yajtagaamo

Yes, you can do so but always remember that you cannot rely the traffic of your website solely on social media. There are other ways that can increase the traffic of your website and the most important would be content. Having a great content on your website would definitely help on the increase of people visiting your website. I would also recommend using a pinging tool so that search engines Google, Bing or Yahoo can crawl faster on your website and increase the indexing process. If you don't have knowledge on SEO and other stuff about increasing website traffic you can ask our great people here on the forums to provide you some tips and tricks on doing so.

CookieRunner

Yeppers, I agree with everybody's opinion on this topic. I always use Social Media sites especially Facebook and I know it generates traffic everyday. Billions of people use it and counting. Who knows, it can be Trillions in years or decades. But aside from the platform, you have to reach thru different audiences by optimizing and exhausting all resources that you can in order for you to gain more market. Examples for this would be joining and interacting with groups specializing your niche. Upload a video on Youtube and promote, sell, and tell something about your website. WOM or Word of Mouth is also somehow effective and cheap. But to answer your question, YES, Social Media is a great way for your Business.

Retch15

I'm also an affiliate marketer and I can say that it is really effective to drive traffic to your website just using the social media. I'm able to earn a couple of dollars without even spending a little cent to paid ads. There are times that I can generate quality traffic but most of the time, I can't. Nowadays many people uses social media to promote and it's getting harder everyday to compete with others. You have to be unique in promoting for you to be able to stand out from the rest and your offer to be recognized. If you really want to earn a lot of money you should still consider investing on paid advertisement.

edwardkenway

Social media is really good for promote a website, because it's got lots of traffic so it would be helpful for a website promotion. Beside social media you can do lots of things like bookmarking, posting articles in different forum sites, submit pdf, making video tutorial and so forth, these things can bring more traffic to your website.
And affiliated marketing not working everywhere and every websites, Some big websites like ecommerce website gets more affiliated option and that's works well.

Goyum

If you are having budget constraints and don't want to buy ads for your website, it is perfectly Ok. But only relying on Social media won't suffice as Only relying on Social media might not help you get rankings although you will get decent amount of traffic.

I would suggest that you implement SEO along with Social Media marketing as it will increase your output, Rankings and traffic a lot more as compared to only Social Media marketing.

Make proper usage of targeted keywords and try to rank on the niche keywords

leeyong88

With your thread question, yes, you can really promote website in a social media. Nowadays, most people can go through the day without having to visit social media. So the chance that many people will be seeing or trying your site is very high. But first, you must widen your network of people, that is by having many friends, or being followed by many people. You can also use groups and pages as channels for advertising your website, and that's for free.

But in your intro, you asked if social media alone can promote your site, well I say no. Not all people entering Facebook or Twitter will be interested in your site as these people have mixed interest. With that, advertising on a specific site of your target customers are helpful. It may cost you money, but they are more reliable than social media.

To sum up, social media can help to promote, but in might not just be enough.

carolinasky

Yes, Social Media is a great way to advertise

In my experience I have used social Media for advertising and it does great. It really depends on you, how much your are willing to give your time when it comes to posting. I use Facebook most of all being link with many local groups, I advertise in all of them. I did speak with the administrator before I begin posting as well to make sure they will be OK with my ads. I also make sure to read the rules of each group I choose to post. I do well with the traffic I drive to our site and phones calls we get are great. I also like to use some of their advertising they offer because they give you $60-$70 worth of advertising for anywhere from $10 -$30, good deal really. It is very possible to be successful and gain quality traffic advertising through social Media, using more than one can only benefit you.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.