Did you make so much money online but was never able to withdraw?

mildredtabitha

I joined a local site few months ago. I will not mention it since it was already publicized as scam. I had made enough money to buy me a phone but I needed two more weeks to reach payout. It so happens that in those weeks the site was blocked by payment systems. This means that users could not withdraw or upgrade their acounts. They could not depost either.

So our money is still there. Have you also experienced anything similar to this?

Henrywrites

I've had such experiences last year on these Ponzi network schemes that were quite popular in Nigeria and I kept depositing money into this particular site with the hope that I would make profits from investing on that particluar site. It was close to December last year that we were told that the site would be going under maintenance and we kept believing that they would come back later.

However, I was shocked when close to 3 months they did not show up online and that was how my hard earned money left with the site. I learnt a great lesson not to do Ponzi again in my life from that incident.

Abdulhanan

Yes. I worked on a social media site that used to pay it's users to socialize but the minimum payout was 100$ and I was making only about $0.30 daily. I earned about $5-$6 but I was never able to withdraw as minimum payout was high, so I donated all my earning to a charity organization that was about providing clean water to drink to poor countries like Somalia. I made the donation and left the site and never went back. A few months later I was told by a friend that that site was no more paying it's users to socialize.

mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha

I also learned that sites with high minimum payout are scams. Sorry to know that. I also joined another called spidermetrix. I donated my points because there was no work to earn more points to help me reach minimum pay out.

I understand that experience. You did a good thing to donate and leave. :)

Judas2018

Never had one of these experiences but sorry some of you did. I don't think all sites that offer $50 or above payouts are a scam. I think you have to really probe and look into the site first before you join and start working on any projects such as social media, surveys, etc. I don't mess with any site that doesn't pay out to paypal and isn't paypal verified. Hard to tell if they're legit.

mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha

I must admit that you are very lucky to not have fallen for any scam. I also agree with you that not every site is scam. I never knew it was possible to check if a site is PayPal verified until you mentioned it.

Well, from now on I will be checking for a site's authenticity by making sure to read reviews and check if its PayPal verified. :D

SireRumu

It's heartbreaking to hear of your troubles on the quest to make money online, it has gradually become a daily complain on the internet these days.

I've had my own bad share of experiences like this a little while ago. I just can't see the need in scaming people for self interest. Well, maybe those scammers think differently than we do. Before joining any site that makes promises on delivering cash be it invested or not, I always do an nbr review check. That way I feel a little safe when joining. You should do the same in order to avoid scams.

Ithinkmom

I haven't earn yet in my online work because I'm just starting. But I hope that I will not encounter problems in withdrawing what I earn from my labor. Just incase things came up that cannot be avoided technical glitches or whatever, I still hope that it's something that can be resolved and that I will still continue doing what I am passionate to do at the same time enjoy the perks of it like receiving salary etc.

Viggn

I have had an experience of making money online only for me to end up not being able to withdraw my earning. It turned out I was working on a site that was busy deceiving people just because they needed traffic. The annoying part of it was that they will tell you to buy more referrals in order for you to be able to cashout. After that experience, I learnt to be doing review before participating in any site that promises cashout for minijobs.

refrigeratorrr

There are so many sites that I have joined. They have a policy that you need to get 2000 points for you to redeem but it is so hard to get 20000 points all you need to do is wait for 2 years for you to reach that 20000 points. I have wasted all my time there learning that you need to wait for 2 years because the points they give to you is very low for you to reach 20000

dallymdj

Sad to hear scam stories. Many people are trying their best to earn money through various way and at the same time, bogus are everywhere. Hopefully, I will not encounter such fraud mechanism. Maybe as an online user who wants to earn, we must check the website's reviews to prevent this shaming scheme.

Heather

I have been very careful on where to invest my time and effort, reading this thread really gave me the idea what to avoid and how to somehow verified the authenticity of the said site. Upwork really helped me maximizing my choice of work and earn a decent amount of money from it. Might want to check that out to all who are not familiar.

Fromatoz

Can you share what site it was so everybody would know? More and more people are turning into online jobs and it would really be helpful if we could give some tips how to avoid these scammers. I have been scammed twice in Bitcoin investments if you know what that is. I don't know why there are crooks out there fooling people just to get other peoples money. To work online is also to spend time and time is really valuable for those who needs money to live. I think that we should all be really careful in trusting sites and spending time with them, we should do a research and make sure they are legit.

Kakashi2020

Yes. Theres a lot of scam sites around that promises a quick buck. Ive been a victim of such sites before but now that I've learned my lessons, I search and read site reviews first and google the site for scam reviews.

There are 2 things that usually identifies scam sites. First is a high cashout threshold that gives out free money as a bonus upon registration. Second sure sign of a scamsite is if it promises an unbelievably high pay like watching a video and you'll earn $1.

Ted33

Same here I was working for some scammers after like two months I realized that... tried to get the money they promised me, but nothing I just wasted time on them.

Thor34

I just started doing online jobs so I never had this kind of experience and I hope that I will not encounter one but sorry that some of you did. These kinds of activities shoul be stopped because we are just innocent perons who just want to earn extra income through online. Determining a site whether it is a scam or not is a difficult thing to do so we need to be extra careful when engaging into those sites.

hoainam1102

Don't be afraid because that's your experience in new enviroment. Making money online is trend now and you should be careful in any site which you have choosen.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.