How to Fix Crawl Errors in Google Webmaster Tools ?

DavidLux

Hello,

Anyone here know ways How to fix crawl errors in Google Webmaster Tools ?

I got 15 Soft 404 errors ( URL does not exist, but your server is not returning a 404 error.)
and
263 Not found errors ( URL points to a non-existent page )

I strongly want to solve these errors in Google Webmaster Tools for my site

Please share some suggestions

PankajS

Hello
if you are getting good links to a 404’d page, you should 301 redirect it to the page the link was supposed to go to, or if that page has been removed then to a similar or parent page. You do not have to 301 redirect all 404 pages. This can in fact slow down your site if you have way too many redirects. If you have an old page or a large set of pages that you want completely erased, it is ok to let these 404. It is actually the Google recommended way to let the Googlebot know which pages you do not want anymore.

Steve32

I often use this way in my httaccess file

RewriteRule old_url.html http_your_domain.com/yourkeywords.html [L,R=301]
If you don't have a new url for redirection, you can redirect it to your homepage instead.

expmrb

A query from me. Did you have bought the domain from anyone or any domain re-seller service? Or, you have selected the domain name for yourself. If you have bought it from someone then it might happen that the old site have some urls indexed and it is now showing you as 404.

vishwa

You have to fix the broken urls and redirect them to your homepage. After that Just check all the pages that shown 404 in webmasters account and click fix them. It will automatically get disappear from your webmasters account.

alldaypill122

my webmaster crawl some urls with category & without category. then webmaster show 404 error with category urls. what i do?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.