What to include in my E-book for opt-in page // Solo Ads for online courses

reyvardo

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of developing an online course on Kajabi.

I already have a landing page, and opt-in page. My strategy is to give away a fee e-book in return for leads.

My question is: Should I give my entire E-book away (around 100 pages) or should I just give away an abridged version (say 20 pages of the main concepts, but without much detail) and try to sell the full book for a premium?

I feel that in the first case scenario, I may get more trust as I'm giving away almost all of my knowledge, then I hope that with that trust, they may sign up for a course.

I feel that in the second scenario, not giving away enough may not increase trust and thus sales, or that people may feel a bit 'tricked' because they have been promised a solution, albeit a shorter concise version.

So again, my point is, how much content should I give away for free?

All of it, and miss out on actually selling the e-book, or a shorter version but miss out on potential buyers.

Another thing I wanted your help with is do solo ads work for online courses specifically regarding Teaching English (what the course is about), also known as a TEFL.

Thanks for your time, your comments are invaluable to me.

Best regards,
Benjamin

Daniel Cortes

No solo ads do not work for “teaching english”, adwords would be better for that.
When you buy solo ads, you get clicks from other people's email lists. It works best for the make money online niche or weight loss/fitness niche.

It is better with search traffic for what you plan to do. Or maybe even Facebook ads.

If you give away your whole ebook, your leads will probably like you and it will create a lot of good will (hopefully). You can also give away a cheat sheet that covers the main points of your ebook, give it away for free, and then use some more content of your book as your automated email sequence, so you give value to your leads and every now and then promote products that can help them along the way, or your whole ebook.

The more they read your email and get pleased with your emails, the more they will tolerate and pay attention to advertisement you send them because they feel like they “owe you”.

It sounds like you are on the right track, but I don't think that solo ads will give you the right traffic for that niche.

And also, if they have a problem and you give them the solution for free then they don't need to buy what you have to sell!

So give a lot, but leave out some goodies and promote the solution so you get paid!

schttrj

Here are a few lead magnet ideas that you can try (and see which one works for you):

Gated content. (Gated content is simply a blog post or part of a blog post, that is hidden behind your lightbox popup.)
Cheatsheet.
Resource list.
Tutorial.
eBook.
Guide.
Report.
Infographic.
Educational Video.
Educational Audio.
<Get creative here>.

Solo ads will not work for your niche. You better go with Google Adwords or Bing Ads as they sound like a better way to reach your target audience.

But the trick is to figure out where your target audience hangs out and what they are consuming online.

If your audience is on YouTube watching cat videos, you should advertise or create content on YouTube.

If your audience is on Google searching questions, Google Adwords is the way to go.

If your audience is gathering at the community hall for a weekly group session, that's where you need to be.

Go where the crowd is. Then, transfer it toward your own hub.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.