Advices to protect domain name

hoangvu

- Use complex password. Make sure that your password should have minimum 8 characters having a combination of number, characters and special symbols. Which make it more secure. No one can easily break a complex password.

- Always use domain name from a registered service provider. So you can register your domain name in your name. You can get full control over your domain name. if you dont use registered domain name then after particular time period the service provider will stop services for the same.

- Keep offline records of your domain registration. Get a print of receipt and all other information send by company to your Email.

- Do payment on time. After given domain validity time period, renew your domain name on time. If you dont do this you can lose you domain name which might be harmful for you.

madelinekim

Initially you have to select the service of reliable domain registrar. Do a little bit background check. Have a conversation with the friends, business associates and the family who owns the site and try to get the advice regarding the best service provider to utilize.

MikeQ

If you use Godaddy registrar then you are too secure, I would say.

supergal

Nice sharing zita,
Here i want to share some information about domain privacy
Domain privacy defines everything will be hide like your personal contact details.If you don't register your domain name under the private domain name registration,your contact details trace by anyone through domain whois lookup.Better you must register your domain name under private domain registration.
ya i agree with you in the whois lookup you can also see the registrant name,when the domain has created and last updated and many more along with their contact details.check here what others can see http://www.whoisxy.com if your domain is not under private

HostNurse

These are useful advices, I would add:

* Use a reputable domain registrar.
* Connect your domain account with a secure email.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.