Do social networks help SEO?

harrygreen90

Promoting and working on social networks like sharing links, make connections, marketing your websites or services on social networks as Facebook, Twtiter, Linkedin...etc will help SEO for your website better? what is your opinion? if yes then why?

Hello Harry,
I am not 100% confident that sharing links on social networks improves a websites SEO. I believe, based on conversations I have had with others, that traffic from social networks is often low-quality traffic. Unfortuantely, this means that posting in groups on Facebook may not get you far. However, I believe that having a presence on each social network is a good idea. This helps potential clients/customers/readers/etc to see that you are active on social media.

An idea would be to setup a business profile on LinkedIn as a way to further establish market authority, if that's something you are looking to do.

kaushlendra

Definitely, Google is very observable to social signal, so social media helps for SEO

Let me tell you the incident:
one of my friend's article was very new but he was good in social media interaction so, when he post one of his article and share it on facebook and to to his friends then within one day that article was ranking on the top 3 position.

so Definitely social media plays a very important role in SEO of the site to rank higher.

etechsupport

Sometimes increase the traffic to your website that effects a positive impact on your website, So whether that traffic comes from social media OR any no-follow backlinks, But content is king, so every time you need to focus on unique content

somnath

Social media helps to build a brand presence and it brings traffic to the website. Although those links are nofollow it drives the traffic for the targeted audience.

👉👉Lets Example: A FB page have a 100K Page followers and they publish any post at least 20% traffic comes from that page itself and that's take the huge impact on that post.

morgane050

Maybe I'm a little late to answer, but I'm publishing it anyway because I hope it will be useful. In fact, brand awareness can have an impact on what you search for on Google. With the increase of mentions on social networks, your site can start to rank higher for new searches.

Brands need a human or personal connection with their audience, and social media serves as a bridge between the brand and the buyer.

pmwpaul

"Google is very observable to social signal, so social media helps for SEO "

Google have always publically denied this, where's your evidence?

jacksimon

yes, You can get huge traffic from social media.. It does not directly affect ranking.

RenderedElite

Social networks help SEO in a few ways, but most importantly they can deliver you traffic faster than SEO on a new website or blog.

Traffic and building an audience is ultimately what you want, so share your content as soon as you publish it. You need to be creating content for social media and your website. Natural backlinks will come as people share your content. It's not a quick way to get backlinks, but it will get you backlinks in the future if you're promoting valuable content to your audience.

Once your SEO efforts start to work you will be getting traffic from social media and the search engines.

makemywebsite

It won't be that much helpful because if we share our website to groups, most of the time we get irrelevant traffic.

subhodipd

If you are wondering, if social networking can boost your SEO, then it can be said that social media does not directly contribute to SEO ranking. However, but the links you share across social platforms can increase brand exposure. Therefore, such links add up and boost SEO. Such actions can lead to a few things, such as - brand exposure, vast content distribution, attracting organic traffic, etc.

John-S

Social media doesn't straightforwardly add to SEO positioning, however the links you share across social platforms increment brand exposure.

escale4176

Obviously, social media helps in SEO but INDIRECTLY!!

Reason??

Because sharing links on social media, creating profiles on social media, and interacting with people, and making friends gives a strong signal to Google or any other search engine that this site is having something interesting and engaging content that's why traffic is coming from various social media websites. So the question arises here: Why Social media links help in SEO when these links are no-follow?

The answer is that when you create no-follow links on high authority sites whose Domain authority is more than 80 then these links are equivalent to do-follow links created on the sites whose DA is around 50.

So the summary here is Social media is helpful in SEO!!!

niamul21

Best answer
Promoting and working on social networks like sharing links, make connections, marketing your websites or services on social networks as Facebook, Twtiter, Linkedin...etc will help SEO for your website better? what is your opinion? if yes then why?
Well, it is quite certain as billions of people are interacting with social media platforms on daily basis, you have always a chance to reach your potential customers with the help of social media.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.