Why do I feel this?

conivalcheese

Hi,

Apology to go off topic for a bit. I just wanted to release how I feel...

Last 2 weeks ago, I deactivated my social media account. I couldn't help but compare myself with all the achievements of people in my feed. You know the feeling that you don't really wanted to compare yourself but it is leading you to feel it. Seeing all these posts is not good for me for it will trigger my anxiety.

Others may tell that I feel this because I envy those people. I don't know if you would classify that as being envious... All I feel is fear that I may not be able to achieve something for myself.

Your thoughts?

hipcat

It's never a good idea to compare yourself with others because we are all different, with different skill levels & abilities. I wish I was better at a lot of things...marketing, creativity, playing guitar....but I am me, and you are you.

So, the existential goal in life is to strive to be the best "YOU" that you can be. Don't try to compare, or be like others....just be you.

The "pursuit" of happiness is all about the journey. Relax and enjoy the ride :)

Bitclu

Don't worry we all are humans. Anxiety and envy are human emotions, it's not bad to experiences such emotions.

Everyone sometimes or the other feels these emotions.

However, you need to accept these emotions and work to get rid of them.

Take a deep breath and focus on yourself, instead of others.

I hope this will help you!

yee

Doubting our own abilities and what we can do, we will tend to get anxious and unable to relax. Despite of the challenges, I think we to affirm who we are, what we can do, our talents etc. Praise others for their achievement. Be grateful for who we are and what we have achieved. Bit by bit, we will come out of the vicious cycle of self-sabotaging doubt.

Dior1981

I also experience anxious moods, but it is best to look at what pleases your soul, meditates and understands the reason! Could it be a lack of vitamin D?

conivalcheese

Thanks for your helpful comments. I have internalized a few thoughts from your comments. But what if you are trying to be positive but the people around you physically are making you feel stressed and anxious?

@Dior1981 YEAH! I think I lack Vit D - I hope this pandemic situation will be over sooner.

idontwanna

idontwanna
But what if you are trying to be positive but the people around you physically are making you feel stressed and anxious?
If it is possible, stay away from those kinds of people. No matter how hard you try to be positive, if you are surrounded by negative people, your efforts will be in vain. If they are your family, explain to them that they make you feel uncomfortable in the comforts of your own home. I understand that it is really hard to physically distance yourself from them, but I am proud of you for keeping on trying. Hope that your situation gets better soon.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.