What Image file format you prefer?

hoangvu

Hi everyone,

What Image file format you prefer? and why ?

Any comments would be appreciated!:rolleyes2:

EmilyHeat

That's a very broad question. Do you mean like an illustrator file, pre-press file, a photograph, etc.? Each file format offers something unique and beneficial. For example:

AI: Adobe Illustrator
AI files are vector files used by designers and commercial printers to generate files of different file formats and sizes.

EPS: Encapsulated Postscript
EPS files are most commonly used by designers to transfer an image or artwork, generally a vector file into another application.

PDF: Portable Document Format
A PDF is a universal file format that preserves/embeds the fonts, images, layout and graphics of any source document, regardless of the application used to create it.

I can continue with, PSD, JPG, GIF, TIF, PNG... What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

pixelfire

I would prefer PNG format instead of GIF or JPEG formats. Beacuse PNG can preserve the transparency of the image as well as it can be used for high quality images.PNG is best for using images on any websites.

imjava

Hi every one,
Personally in my projects, I use jpg format for large images and Gif format for animations and very small images like backgrounds,finally PNG format for icons and images without background.

wellsworld

i have alway combine both jpg and gif on my webs/blog site. but sticking to one format might be ok.

ericplotz1

Here it is simply:

For Photos use JPG

For graphics use PNG

bob

bob
What is the difference between Photos and Graphics?
sorry I must asked this question because I haven't ever heard about this before

jitendrasurve

Depends on what is the requirement, whether it is for web or print.

For websites if their are lots of images for loading the images faster on site, professionals use jpeg or gif. Because we can set the quality of images from high, medium or low while saving gif or jpg images.

If we want transparent background particularly for logo or some elements of images, we use PNG file format, which is also high quality.

For using favicon for website we use ICO file format.

For ebooks we use PDF formats.

AmyFielding

I generally use JPG image file format this is the right format for those photo images which must be very small files, for example, for web sites or for email. JPG is often used on digital camera memory cards, but RAW or TIF format may be offered too, to avoid it.

northmail

depends on what you need.. animated = gif for banners
for normal stuff = jpg
for print = pdf / eps/ tif

edwardkenway

Basically i prefer to use jpeg file, because of this is very standard format of an image file, and this format of file can be use almost everywhere. If i use any animated photos then i use GIF format photos, but it can't be use anywhere except some websites like: google accounts.

Ridew

I prefer .png, but it depends what you need and every extension has it own job. For example, .gif for animation..etc

linconcley

Formats of photos, I'll go with JPEG. Lots of sites exist where jpeg format files are working well, and some sites doesn't support other format image file. And I like GIF file for its animation though its not support everywhere but it works nice with google accounts.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.