How would I ban users?

newbiegirl

I just purchased an old but up and running website. Hosted at Hostek. I need to ban some users. How can I do this? Thanks

newbiegirl

I use Hostek. Same as the seller. I can’t even see their IPs or email addresses in the control panel. I would also like to remove their names from the member list. The website was developed using ColdFusion by guys who did it as a hobby

newbiegirl

Hey, thanks. Much appreciated. I did‘t know all that. I don’t even know if I have a CMS. The seller was a one man show: developer, webmaster, owner. He is unwilling to help me out. I paid for the site, transferred the Google Domain, server, and now we are done. I am deleting entries by logging in as the member. I can also change their passwords, but the most undesirable member quickly gets the new one. It is sent to her email and when I change the email she still returns. It is possible the recovery email is the one used when the account was created, i am testing this. I am not seeing any member email or IP info at the server. I will look into this CMS. Thanks again.

hipcat

hipcat
You shouldn't have to log in as that member to delete their entries. As the owner/admin you should have master access to ALL members and be able to block, edit, modify anything they post from your own admin panel.

The CMS is simply what runs the site. Is it Wordpress? Joomla? MyBB? SMF? Etc, etc....they all have their own way of dealing with members, so we would need to know the CMS to be able to suggest what to do.

As a side note, if the original seller is unwilling to help you then he isn't a very good seller. I would NEVER leave anyone to figure things out on their own if they are new to running a site, and I've sold easily 200+ websites in over 15 years.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.