I am unable to change my email address.

Erik Bustamante

Hello friends! Recently someone hacked my email id and with it he hacked my Facebook account. Luckily I become able to log in again on Facebook, now I want to remove my old email as it got hacked, but now I am unable to change it as the option to change mail id or remove the older one is not showing. I have deactivated my account but it was showing that one can reactivate it using the old credential. I want to know that how can I get my account back by changing the email ID otherwise how can I deactivate it permanently.

SharryDonald

I think it is because you were trying unsuccessful attempts to login to your account while it was hacked, Facebook might have thought that it is a spamming activity so it might have removed some features from your account, but this will get normal as soon as Facebook will understand that it was a normal activity, may be in 3-4 days.

emidiolucchese

As you have deactivated your account, I think now you should log in again and reactivate it again. Because this time Facebook might have got known that what happened was not a spamming activity it was a general one. So it may allow you to change your email address.

Deepak Kaushik

You have to re-activate your account once and then after you will be able to change your email id in settings option.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.