PHP and ASP

hoangvu

Php is easy to develop and create website system quickly. I prefer PHP to ASP

James159

ASP and PHP are both programming languages that are commonly used to create websites. Unlike the usual static html web pages, ASP and PHP websites are more dynamic and can allow users to interact and exchange information using the website's databases.

annahussy

In my opinion PHP is easy and bast to use compare of ASP. It is good to use for making website dynamic and search engine friendly. It open source so web can use all web designing platfroms to make website.

edwardgordy

PHP and ASP both are programming language. According to me, PHP is comparatively easy rather than ASP for making an attractive, dynamic and search engine friendly website. PHP also provides free tools where ASP doesn't provide any kind of free tools.

shophia

According to me PHP is very easy and also best than ASP. PHP is totally free. And ASP requires both first and ongoing prices for maintenance and debugging. PHP is very faster than ASP. So if you have an app that executes lots of queries or is regularly permitted, it would be great to use a language that was further capable. When it comes down to it, PHP is the generally winner in terms of price, good speed, platform compatibility, & receptiveness of its developer community.

jdunhin

I do not think we must think one is better than the other one. It depends on how good you are in one of them. It all come down to skills in a language. If you are doing web developing you use HTML. CSS,PHP and Javascript so you must know little from all.

Stephen

PHP is the most useful languages for Web development. Most Web applications are very easy to integrate with PHP such as Ajax, Flash and some more offering best website visibility.

mahendra.pattanaik

My point of view both are best server side scripting language. Designing view both look good. Same project in PHP take less time compare to ASP. Manpower required less in PHP

giulio_74

I can say that php is easier because you can write in a "procedural" while ASP is all objects then more complex for a beginner.
but you must not think that it is less powerful, in fact many web software were written in php (example worpress, joomla, facebook)

asp and asp.net still have a great framework.

JuanRoth

PHP and ASP are same in use, as they can perform nearly equal work .Both PHP and ASP are good answers for most work.

Adriana14

PHP is butter, and it's open source and high documented
ASP still a good langage but documentation less

mozpk

php best and easy to use and big community of php in market

There are lots of pros and cons of both.

Usually, if someone recommends PHP over ASP.NET, they code primarily in PHP.
Usually, if someone recommends ASP.NET over PHP, they code primarily in ASP.NET, too.
Let's show a real comparision (text in green is the winner):

Costs: PHP is free - ASP.NET is a Microsoft product
Scalability: Both are very scalable. ASP.NET has Visual Studios and PHP has a variety of frameworks.
Support: There are more PHP tutorials website and explanations than ASP.NET. The PHP open-source community is free and fast.
Performance: LAMP (or NGINX library) which contains PHP is a little faster than ASP.NET with MSSQL (or with MySQL instead). Linux has a much better I/O performance than Windows, so performance of PHP is much faster.
Popularity: PHP is much popular than ASP.NET (form evidences)

Winner: PHP

PHP can do everything that ASP.NET can, and it can do it for free.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views