what is the difference between white hat and black hat SEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Hi guys,

Can you show me what is the difference between white hat and black hat SEO?

I think SEO black hat is using spam techniques with purpose to get more traffic and increase rankings on search engines quickly

Am I right? any shares?

Inquestor

From my understanding White Hat SEO is just pretty much on-page SEO and that's it. Build up your social footprint for a website and let other people link to you and talk about the website in question.

Social Bookmarking, Forum Posting all that stuff is considered White Hat but in Big G's eyes its black hat as any link building techniques are black hat.

If anyone has anymore to add to this or has a different opinion, I would also like hear :)

Cheers!
Inquestor

creativesquad

Black hat seo is the process of optimizing website against the search engine rules.
White hat SEO is the process of optimizing the website with the search engine rules.

anamika78

Hello..As both said, White Hat SEO techniques and practices confirm to the guidelines set out by search engines. Black hat SEO techniques and practices do not...

bob

Yours points regarding white and black hat seo are not satisfy me! White hat SEO is simply optimzing the website according to search engine Rules.& Black Hat SEO is opposite of that.

rohanjain

White hat SEO is approved by search engines that shows results for longer. While black hat SEO is disapproved by search engines and results in site banned, deindexed. White hat SEO includes research, analysis, web redesign and content improvement. Black hat SEO includes keyword stuffing, cloaked pages, link farming, blog comment spam and hidden texts and images.

DPrat

Hello All,

As far as my experience speaks, white-hat techniques are the the techniques which are allowed as per the search-engine's(Google) algorithms at a given point of time. (I am using "at a given point of time" because a white-hat technique at present OR in past may become a black-hat technique at present OR future, respectively.)

As far as black-hat techniques are concerned, these techniques are specifically those techniques which are adopted by the manipulation of the loop-holes of the present search-engine algorithms. These loop-holes , once detected by search-engine from their user feedback over a span of time , will act as trigger for black-hat techniques' detection and results in penalty.

So, I will suggest not to just flood in with the usage of present white-hat techniques. Use them strategically and wisely, so in future, even if these techniques are being attributed as black-hat, then still your website(s) prevails from any search engine's algorithmic BIG penalty effects.

I hope that helps.

WHUK

Hi guys,

Can you show me what is the difference between white hat and black hat SEO?

I think SEO black hat is using spam techniques with purpose to get more traffic and increase rankings on search engines quickly

Am I right? any shares?
In simple terms, anything that is against the guidelines specified by a search engine for a website, can be said to be blackhat SEO. According to Google, any technique which is used to manipulate a website's ranking in the SERPs is considered to be black hat SEO - be it unnatural link building, commercial anchor texting, etc.

Anything and everything done in excess is supposed to be considered lethal for a website. Hence, it's advisable to have a strategy which involves a mix of different techniques.

sheenaroy

White Hat SEO refers to that kind of SEO which follows every rules and policies set by the search engine and focus the human audience. Whereas Black Hat is the process of against the rules of Google.

ketul

Yeah. White hat SEO follow SE guidelines and rules while black hat SEO opposite on it that violate SE rules.

jaypatel

The main difference between white hat SEO and black hat SEO is that -
Black hat SEO refers to attempts to improve ranking in ways that are not approved by search engines and involve deception. They go against current search engine guidelines.
While White hat SEO refers to use of good practice to achieve high search engine rankings. They comply with search engine guidelines.

ridgley

Black hat SEO means doing deceptive ways to manipulate search engine to drive traffic, while white hat SEO is using a way that follows webmaster guidelines. This is a technique that is approved by search engine.

EmilyEvans

There are many thoughts and argues about this topic.
The whole White Hat vs Black Hat is entirely artificial and constructed anyway. Search engines wants us to see some tactics as ‘right’ and some as ‘wrong’.
It the main idea black hat seo is bad, but, yes there is big but there are a lot off black hat tactics which you can use and only get benefit without any penalty.
Most of the tactics I use are ‘white’, others ‘grey’, some ‘black’, but all of them work and all of them are future proof. And as for me that’s all that matters.

habibkhan

White Hat Vs. Black Hat SEO

Black Hat SEO - Hidden Content
There are many ways to hide content on your site. All of them are black hat SEO methods.

Hidden content includes white text full of keywords on a white background. Another black hat SEO method is using comment tags to hide keywords.

White Hat SEO - Quality Content
Content that targets a strong, related keyword phrase on each page wins every time. After you've chosen your keyword phrase, use it consistently throughout the page. For example, a page with a Meta title of "White Hat SEO - White Hat SEO methods" could have this first paragraph of content:

Alawi

"what is the difference between white hat and black hat SEO?"

This thread is always seen in other forums and already been answered long time ago :ranting_w:
We all know about this thread and there are so many related or new topics out there to be talking about :think:

johnmessy

white hat SEO refers to the usage of optimization strategies, techniques and tactics that focus on a human audience opposed to search engines and completely follows search engine rules and policies. and Black Hat SEO is most commonly defined as a disapproved practice that increases a page's ranking in a search engine result page (SERP). These practices are against the search engine's terms of service and can result in the site being banned from the search engine and affiliate sites.

omkarsoft

Yes, White Hat SEO Website optimization according to the Google Terms & Policy.
Black Hat SEO - Against for SE Policy

christophergayle

White hat seo refers to achieve high search engine ranking.
Black hat seo refers to improve rankings but that do not follow search engines rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.