PHP Script vs Wordpress?

opono

I visited some theme marketplace as themeforest, codecaynon, templatemonster...and I found one script that I like.
But it programmed by an author (not base on Wordpress site), their php script is very perfect but it was not programmed with Wordpress cms. I'm too familiar with wordpress

I think if I buy php script then it can have some problems on security and updates..

According to you, PHP Script vs Wordpress, which one I should buy and which one is better?

Inquestor

You shouldn't judge their system if you haven't tested it.

You just might find custom CMS beats Wordpress. This depends on your niche and what you are looking for though.

(Both run with environments, PHP & SQL)

BenWilson

I would suggest you to go with WordPress theme. If you not familiar or use to with PHP script, then ignorance is better option. Because messing up with some you don't know will lead you in problems. For your knowledge, most of PHP script written supports WordPress without any problems but using them unknowingly will not good idea.

ElixantTechnology

I wouldn't jump the gun, I would actually consider this other script over wordpress for a couple of big reasons. You worry about security, the main reason why Wordpress is such a vulnerable platform and is targeted so often is because it is widely used. A large portions of websites on the internet utilize Wordpress, and thus make it a target for attack. However, this platform, if it works and does the job right, you will more than likely be safe on it rather than with wordpress.

ellys

that really simple : why dont you bridge the PHP script into your wordpress site ^.^ . if PHP script that will easy combine with wordpres since wordpress using php too.

ellys

used Smarty not same convert PHP to smarty. I mean convert it.

wordpress lot using php inside and they have section inside , like header , footer. that will easy if you want to try it. ^.^

elcidofaguy

Not knowing the exact details you can probably integrate that script with creating a new page or post template within your chosen wordpress theme... Here is a good article which shows you how easy it could be. You can find it here: [URLnf=http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-custom-page-template/]here[/URLnf]

Alternatively you could use a plugin which allows you to add php code... However there are limitations to this approach as these calls will be made after the server has rendered the page from WP database...

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
Question for ya. I've been using X Theme and it comes with a pretty robust childs theme, so needless to say all of my php edits are literally copy and paste.

Is there a plugin that allows you to simply copy and paste edits?

To comment on the thread, I am by no means a coder, not even close. I use Wordpress for everything!

I get the job done cheaper and faster and clients are happy. Cheers to that.

elcidofaguy

Hi Eric -

For sure there are.. I use "Insert PHP" plugin which you can find [URLnf="https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-php/"]here[/URLnf]. Instead of the usual wrapper e.g. <?php echo 'hello world'; ?> you use [insert_php] echo 'hello world'; [/insert_php] ...

You can do some cool things with it such as:

1) Capturing originating url which visitor came from e.g. $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
2) Grab IP of visitor and amend contents accordingly..
3) Set hidden variables and pass to autoresponder when folks sign up to your list - which I do for points 1 & 2 ;-)

It does have its limitations as mentioned as the page/post that you amend it on is rendered first before making the php calls... For more complex operations you would have to create a post/page template and place your php code within that.... or alternatively use iframes (but be careful as you will need to lockdown your script from being exposed/called from outside of your domain) or of course venture into writing a plugin...

I hope that helps! If need be let me know if there is some specific your looking to do and I'll be more than happy to look into it for you....

Cheers,

Sid

NickTheMusketeer

You would buy Wordpress if all you want to do is to install the theme on your Wordpress website and use a WYSIWYG editor to make blog submissions.
You would buy a PHP script if you want to integrate it in another framework or platform.

KeyElement

Wordpress have very large community, on 95% issues you will find the answers in Google, so your choice is obvious.

adlersmith

WordPress is considered to be the most-used tool for blogging on the web. All the newbies and innovative bloggers choose using WordPress for one easy developing and management, rich add-ons, and large customization possibilities.

acquisto

We used WordPress in the past but we found it to be a little too limiting. Plus, when you begin adding plugins, it starts to slow down your website.

Allchat

I'd say if you dont have a lot of experience with actually executing php scripts then it would be easier to just go with wordpress or something of that sort because you can implement php script through pages in wordpress.

It's really not the hard and you'll have "both platforms" so to speak that way.

srirambyrapaneni

In fact wordpress also built with PHP.

the script you are taking about may be according to coding standards or not.

But wordpress is a vast community and they update the software quite frequently.

So an experienced PHP programmer can say about your script.Without using it no one can assure you.

mutantpanda

Wordpress is very powerful.I love using it.I strongly recommend you to use Wordpress theme as it is convenient and secure.

Eugeneus

Its not clear situation to give correct answer. It is depend on your needs. Who knows how good this PHP script and how much its vulnerable for the attacks, injections ect. As usual the individual scripts are better protected because they are simplier than public cms and it is good from this side. But from other side they don't have such a wide functional. I could advice you to use this PHP script some time and think - is it good enough for your needs or not? Only you can make a proper decision.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.