Difference between Cloud Hosting and VPS

freds86

Anyone can explain for me what is the difference between Cloud Hosting and VPS
I knew a little about VPS but Cloud is quite strange and new to me

just waiting for your shares

datarealm

The answer depends entirely upon whom you ask. Traditionally cloud hosting will have some sort of clustering or failover capability for virtual machines. Some clouds also have options for advanced software based networking.

However, many operators like Digital Ocean like to call themselves 'cloud' providers even though they are only offering basic vps services -- this has really muddied a lot of the terminology.

Reactions: freds86

freds86

freds86
Thanks for your answer, maybe i need to know why has Cloud hosting and its advantages over others?
when I should switch from my shared hosting to cloud hosting or VPS?

Hassan

The similarity between cloud hosting and shared hosting is that users share the physical server. But cloud hosting typically use virtual machine for each user with dedicated resources. Unlike in shared hosting, the resources are shared for all users.

ElixantTechnology

It really depends on the provider and the technology that is being utilised by the provider. I personlly see Cloud Hosting as a myth, there really aren't too many benefits in comparision to traditional VPS solutions.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.