How much do you pay monthly for hosting?

Shirley_Sharp

Hi everyone,

I would like to know your shares on how much we pay for hosting packages and how to reduce its fees. For me, I'm using shared hosting packages for small websites, they are running well now. what about you, which you are having now?

1. what hosting providers do you use?
2. How many you are paying monthly for them?
3. Number of hosting providers are you using?
4. Do you pay monthly, per six months, per year?
5. Did you use coupon codes to buy your web hosting?
6. Using a shared hosting or a VPS?
7. How to reduce cost for buying web hostings

Please share your own experience

charlly008

As for me, i am not paying much right now. I have three wordpress sites which i can call blogs. I am paying below $10 for each of them and i am paying Monthly. The one i paid quarterly hosting plan for, the hosting was really bad. I had to move to another hosting company and i am enjoying their services.

Very soon, am going to own a program online and i will be paying over $100 for its monthly hosting. There are lot of web hosting online nowadays and they are very cheap. You can even get below $1 per month. But if your site is getting lot of traffics, that may not be a good option.

Reactions: Shirley_Sharp

Shirley_Sharp

Shirley_Sharp
3 wordpress sites but you are paying for 3 different web hostings, right?
why don't you use a VPS or a stronger shared web hosting for all 3 websites, it can be a better solution :eek:hmy:

charlly008

charlly008
I am using two three hosting company for all three of them. I want to have different hosting for each of my site in case one is down, the others will be on.

If i am going to host all three with one hosting company, then i will move for A Dedicated Hosting not Shared Hosting.

charlly008

Yes, it is risky. Anything can happen anytime. I won't advice anyone to do that no matter how good the hosting company is. If any of the site on Share hosting is attacked, it will affect all site using that server.

dandeedo

Ans: Fatcow
Ans: like $5 or more (I am a renewal user)
Ans: 1
Ans: Year
Ans: So far NO
Ans: Shared
7. How to reduce cost for buying web hostings
Ans: Go for longer plan with trusted and reputed web hosts.

qount

I use Hostgator and Dreamhost 's shared hosting for my sites, about $30 per month,of course i used coupon codes on the first year.

johnliquid

Hello Folks,

I use share hosting for all my website maybe now i should reconsider ...

But shere hosting is very cheap and affordable.
I use web link hosting and 1dollar webhosting just 1$ monthly

WilliamJCook

Hi everyone,

I recommend you HostGator for web hosting. It s simple and reliable & cheaper rate. I use to pay yearly once basis for hosting.

Jovani

Jovani
I don't think so, I used HG last time but now I must switch to a VPS from a provider at vps hosting offers area on this forum and feel good. It's only start $10 and I am getting more things than expected :D

feeling GOOD now :music:

ElixantTechnology

You sir, don't know what you are talking about. Either you're a spammer promoting HostGator on their behalf, or you are an affiliate trying to earn an extra buck....

Stop promoting such a horrible service, do some research into EIG.

Hi everyone,

I recommend you HostGator for web hosting. It s simple and reliable & cheaper rate. I use to pay yearly once basis for hosting.

Reactions: boognish

boognish

boognish
I agree that HostGator's service has gone down hill big time since they were acquired by EIG. I used them a few years ago (pre-EIG) with no problems but today I don't recommend using their services. However, I know that there are customers that are happy with them for whatever reason or lack there of.... There are so many better web hosting providers out there.

Last edited:

NickTheMusketeer

1. What hosting providers do you use? - Namecheap and iPage.
2. How many you are paying monthly for them? I cancelled Namecheap ($19.98/yr). I am with iPage 3 years so far ($21/yr).
3. Number of hosting providers are you using? Two.
4. Do you pay monthly, per six months, per year? Yearly plans.
5. Did you use coupon codes to buy your web hosting? For Namecheap I used a 20% off first billing cycle coupon. For iPage I clicked an offer link that saved me $9.
6. Using a shared hosting or a VPS? Shared hosting. No need for VPS at the moment.
7. How to reduce cost for buying web hosting? You can reduce the cost for web hosting by searching for coupons, special promotional offers or affiliate links that save you money.

coffeediva

So could I ask if you think that $60 per month for hosting was too much if you SEO was included in that cost?
I am currently using bluehost and hostgator but am currently looking for other solutions
I also pay for longer periods and take advantage of coupons when signing up

ElixantTechnology

Explain what it is that you mean when you are talking about SEO being included with your hosting? SEO Hosting (Multiple Class C IPs) is a myth, and this has been proven time and time again. A lot of providers (including myself) provide free SEO tools with their Hosting Services (such as Attracta), which is at no additional cost. What kind of hosting are you speaking of? Are you talking about Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting or Dedicated Server hosting?

So could I ask if you think that $60 per month for hosting was too much if you SEO was included in that cost?
I am currently using bluehost and hostgator but am currently looking for other solutions
I also pay for longer periods and take advantage of coupons when signing up

ElixantTechnology

Nah, the good webhosters use containers for there shared hosting... if a website get's hacked other websites on the shared server won't get attacked, because the hacker is stuck in the container. (Gen4)
Containers aren't primarily used as a form of protection when a website on the server gets hacked. Proper security measures put in place however will. Containers (cloudlinux, betterlinux) are primarily focused on server density and the ability to put up to 5 times more customers on to each server. So, in words that most would understand, the capability to oversell a server where any reliable and responsible hosting provider would never do so. Using proper software configurations each website/application will be isolated from the rest of any said customers accounts (open_basedir protection, mod_userdir protection, etc). I personally wouldn't recommend any hosting provider that utilizes technologies such as Betterlinux & Cloudlinux as due to the extreme capacity load they put their servers under, they need to reduce your accounts capabilities to justify (i.e. inode restrictions, very low PHP memory limits, etc). Most websites that are hacked these days fall under two categories.

1. Wordpress users who fail to maintain their websites.
2. Customers who fail to use secure passwords on their websites/emails.

When a cPanel account is gained access to, the attacker only has access to whatever is within the said account (i.e. they can't gain access to another customers cpanel through someone else's cpanel). When one website is hacked on a server, that does not mean that the others are vulnerable as well, in fact these attacks are usually targeted to one account and that account only.

If you believe otherwise, someone has been filling your head with nonesense in attempt to sell you their service/product. 99.999999999% of security that needs to be worried about is the customer's website platform and how they store their passwords. The other 0.999999991% would be that of the host's responsibility.

With a DOS attack, all websites on that server will be unavailable.
This statement is true and false. Any reliable hosting provider will have DDoS Protection methods in place. As an example my customers are protected for attacks upwards to 160Gbps without seeing any latency/outage. So, say one customer on my server was getting hit with a 2Gbps DDoS Attack (larger than average size), nobody would notice this, not even the customer that is being attacked. Reason being the traffic coming into the datacenter gets cleaned before it makes its way to the servers that I put my customers on. Looking at traditional budget hosts over, those $1 hosting providers that everyone seems to think are so great, they do not provide features like this. As a result, if one user gets attacked on the IP that you are utilizing, rather than filtering the attack using state of the art hardware they null-route the IP for a few hours until the attack is over, knocking everyone's service out.

This is why I always recommend that people stay away from those $1 budget hosting providers, or any EIG brand provider as a matter of fact.

mido

1. what hosting providers do you use? Hostgator, Bluehost, Siteground etc.
2. How many you are paying monthly for them? I pay yearly for them.
3. Number of hosting providers are you using? 6
4. Do you pay monthly, per six months, per year? Yearly
5. Did you use coupon codes to buy your web hosting? I did when I first signed up. A great way to save some money.
6. Using a shared hosting or a VPS? Both
7. How to reduce cost for buying web hostings? Coupon codes

talukdar

1. I am using cheapwindowsvps.
2. I am paying $10/month
3. One
4. Monthly
5. Windows VPS
I think it is the best place for cheap Windows VPS.

hostbrink

about 3 years back, i paid 250 $ per month for managed dedicated servers over a period of 4 to 5 months ... at that time, I was with tmdhosting, I started with a vps of grade 2 and then after every few days, site goes down and they recommend upgrade and after about 6 months, i was forced to use dedicated .... After that I found myhosting.com and they saved my extra money ... I had great time with myhosting for a long time than ...

Austin Cook

I host one site at zhuji91.com.hk and one site at Bluehost.

$7.95 for the former and $8.95 for the latter.

2. ZhuJi91 and Bluehost

I pay them per year.

I never used coupon codes.

Shared hosting. My sites are not big enough to use a VPS for now.

7. How to reduce cost for buying web hosting?
Long billing circle and less transfer can save you money. But that needs you to choose a reliable one at first.
If you have to transfer you site many times, choose the hosting providers offer free transfer service.
Last, promise of "no hidden fee" is really important.

Reactions: MightWeb

MightWeb

MightWeb
This is very sound advice. Long billing periods can be great - but you really need to make sure you're going with a reliable provider first. I often advice people asking us to start out monthly - and first when they know they'll enjoy the services, they can switch over to a longer billing period.
I see a lot of people posting on communities I'm active in, that have purchased annual or biennial packages with a provider, only to be dissatisfied after a month when the money-back guarantee has passed - so make sure you give any provider a test-run first, no matter how good their track record is.

vietnamtravel

I pay 8$ per month for our hosting in Hanoi Capital, Vietnam with limited 10 MySQL Database. I must pay for 1 year and have no money back if hosting has a problem.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views