Can i use one keyword for different urls??

MrJaswal

I have one question to all of you.

My question is, can i add one keyword ( sample | sample | sample ) with different url in signature. i don't want any type of spamming.that's way i ask you.

In above you see a keyword sample can i add different url with these keyword or not.

elcidofaguy

My approach is to focus on one major keyword (and its related synonyms and long tail derivatives) per page... It makes targeting that page to rank on the serps for a given keyword easier...

I don't fully understand your question... If you are saying that your web page title/description is to repeat the keyword more than once - then I personally would not do it! If its in the URL and you want to repeat the same keyword over again I personally would not do it...

If you are worried about the same keyword being in different URLs for your site... then I would say as long as it makes sense its okay.. It happens all of the time with categories and sub categories which make up the URL... e.g.

www . websitename.com /recipes/vegetarian/dish1
www . websitename.com /recipes/vegetarian/dish2
www . websitename.com /recipes/grilled-meat/dish3
www . websitename.com /recipes/grilled-meat/dish4

So as you can see category/sub category makes sense and is okay as it helps G with deeper understanding of your website...

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sid

Nytshade

I think this guy is talking about creating backlinks with the same anchor text but different urls in his forum signature. If I'm right, then MrJaswal, I think it's not spam.

Hassan

Google has been doing this for several years filtering a particular URL for a particular keyword when the URL has an abnormally high percentage of backlinks with a single anchor text google penalised site.

elcidofaguy

Oh - if its forum signature then I don't see the big deal as its a NOFOLLOW link .... G's algo ignores that... For example same thing goes with ads etc which may appear on a website... If the ad is on a website with 10,000 + pages - thats a lot of backlinks lol... but as its nofollow then its okay... happens all of the time.... What makes me laugh is when people try to get backlinks with comment spamming thinking the backlink will help and not realizing its nofollow.... Indeed diversifying anchor text is important wrt dofollow links as done incorrectly does indeed lead to a slap by G ;-)

Nytshade

Hassan & Elcidofaguy, your answers are making the question confuse me worse :)

I have one question to all of you.

My question is, can i add one keyword with different url in signature.
Is this guy simply asking if he can add his urls or is his question related to link building for his website?

Hassan

He wants link building for his website(s).

LanceBachmann

Why do you want to do this... You basically want to optimize your complete website with one keyword. So choosing this way is worst I would say. Use One Word in most powerful page of your website (probably homepage and rather going for repetition go for synonym and usage based keywords) and target the page which is important and beings you good traffic.

Sonku

That's clear spamming and very power way of doing seo however you can still manage to rank more pages on the same keyword if that is your goal, I would suggest to play around your keyword and add some words on it. like; Sample, best sample, easy sample etc. By doing this, you can play around the keywords and manage to rank them well in same search results.

Nytshade

Yes Nytshade, I talk about same do you think. I want to add different url with same tag. It is spamming.
Hassan am not interested to link building for my website. i just want to conform it is spamming or not. can i add different urls with same tag .
In that case, according to our forum rules, you're not spamming the forum. Hope that answers your question :)

But it is not good for SEO.

Hassan

MrJaswal if you look at my first and 2nd post as well reply to your private message clearly mentioned it is spam and not good for SEO i dont see any point you keep asking same thing again and again.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.