How To Increase Your Blog Social Shares - Quick Tip

blueclcl

If you have your own blog then you should be utilising social media for more traffic and more exposure to your blog posts. Social media works really well for this and it amazes me that so many people don't really take it that serious.

Any post on your blog has the potential to go viral and the best way to start the viral train is through social media.

Once a post is shared it can very quickly spiral into a rush of traffic back to the post and your site, which of course means more exposure and ultimately more sales and leads.

Now, there are a number of ways to get your content shared online and I will write a post on this another day, but for now and for this post, I will be concentrating on getting your post shared in the best possible way.

You see when someone shares your post on Twitter, Facebook, ect, then if your not using the important thing on your site, which I tell you about in a minute, then your post have the risk of looking less appealing than they should be.

This will cause less shares and re-tweets and that's not what you want.

What is this important thing?

It's Social Metadata.

For those who don't know, Social metadata is a way for you to make your content look the best it can be when shared on Social media sites. It can be difference between 2 shares and 200 hundred shares.

You see without it, then the social sites and Google will guess how to display the content, but with it you can tell them exactly how you want it to be displayed.

If you don't have Social Metadata then your share on the social sites could look terrible with the content and any images not displaying the way you would want it too. Images can look jaded and cropped incorrectly and the content the social site uses could be totally irrelevant to the post ( Like an author bio for instances )

You want your shared content to display exactly how you would like it to be read, with the best headline, best content and best image. This way it stands a better chance of getting shared more.

So how do you correct this for your site?

You have a couple of choices if your using Wordpress.

There are a few plugins that can be used to make this super easy to accomplish with your posts:

There is a Facebook plugin and also the popular Jetpack plugin which enables you to set your social metadata up correctly.

The plugin I recommend though is the Yoast SEO plugin because it's acts as a great SEO tool alone as well as having the option for you to set up your social metadata for all your posts. You can set them up for Twitter, Facebook and Google +.

All you need to do is install the plugin and configure the settings in the social tab of the plugin and that's that, nothing else to worry about here, just a one time setting.

It's all pretty easy..

Publishing Your Posts

The next time you publish a post, simply scroll down and fill in your SEO details as normal.

The title of the post will also act as the social metadata title if it get shared.

You then need to click on the social tab, you will see it if you have the plugin installed, don't worry.

All you then is fill in the details on what you want the descriptions to display and also the image you want to show.

That's all you do. Every post you now write, simply add your social descriptions.

By utilising this little tip and having social metadata, then you are giving your posts the best possible chance of getting shared.

It's like picking the best strawberry's in a shop.

The nice red bright ones or the rather dull looking green ones - which would you notice and pick more?

Social media is massive for your blog and I urge everyone to fine tune there blogs social metadata for better results.

elcidofaguy

Blueclcl,

Great article! Nice one!! I'll be double checking the social meta data on my sites for sure... Just to add one of the techniques I use is to hide content or provide a free report on the condition the article is shared/tweeted etc...

There are some good plugins which can do that for you e.g. social locker plugin... I find this to be an awesome technique to encourage folks to share content on social media platforms.... as that gives an incentive/curiosity to do so...

Cheers,

Sid

Reactions: blueclcl

blueclcl

blueclcl
Thanks Sid.

The plugin looks like a good one.

I was a bit concerned about any SEO negative effects from it, but after visiting the plugin site I can see that it's SEO friendly, as it still shows the full content to the search bots.

Thanks

Hassan

If you want to reach wide audience social media share play important role in it below are some tips.

1. Comments
When people read appealing blog they want leave comment as well use their desire to promote your blog on social media use facebook comments like this you will have comments on blog and facebook both and let your reader's friend read comments from their news feed they might interested in visiting blog.

2. Social Sharing Buttons
You should have social sharing buttons on blog so that readers can spread your blog everywhere on social networking site within one click.

3. Images
Always use good images with your posts attractive image with your post makes it much more shareable.

4. Highlighter
Highlighter is the best tool with this readers can highlight a line from the article and share it on facebook and twitter.

Maxwell

It's Social Metadata.

For those who don't know, Social metadata is a way for you to make your content look the best it can be when shared on Social media sites. It can be difference between 2 shares and 200 hundred shares.

You see without it, then the social sites and Google will guess how to display the content, but with it you can tell them exactly how you want it to be displayed.

If you don't have Social Metadata then your share on the social sites could look terrible with the content and any images not displaying the way you would want it too. Images can look jaded and cropped incorrectly and the content the social site uses could be totally irrelevant to the post ( Like an author bio for instances )

You want your shared content to display exactly how you would like it to be read, with the best headline, best content and best image. This way it stands a better chance of getting shared more.
Hello blueclcl

Could you send us any samples (codes or how to do it) about Social Metadata that applying with facebook, twitter or google plus...etc???

i.e i want to make them manually on a custom site without using wordpress CMS or using wp plugins like yoast seo or something else.

It's possible?

Pointagee

Hey blueclcl

Thanks for this informative post. Very detailed and important tips shared. Social sharing is necessary to get more traffic to your blog and people love to read unique and fresh content.

Johnson

Nice one,

It's look like a complete information of social media in a short summarized manner. Thanks for sharing this thread...

Really social media is the best place for promoting your newly established business.

niamul21

If you have your own blog then you should be utilising social media for more traffic and more exposure to your blog posts. Social media works really well for this and it amazes me that so many people don't really take it that serious.

Any post on your blog has the potential to go viral and the best way to start the viral train is through social media.

Once a post is shared it can very quickly spiral into a rush of traffic back to the post and your site, which of course means more exposure and ultimately more sales and leads.

Now, there are a number of ways to get your content shared online and I will write a post on this another day, but for now and for this post, I will be concentrating on getting your post shared in the best possible way.

You see when someone shares your post on Twitter, Facebook, ect, then if your not using the important thing on your site, which I tell you about in a minute, then your post have the risk of looking less appealing than they should be.

This will cause less shares and re-tweets and that's not what you want.

What is this important thing?

It's Social Metadata.

So how do you correct this for your site?

You have a couple of choices if your using Wordpress.

There are a few plugins that can be used to make this super easy to accomplish with your posts:

There is a Facebook plugin and also the popular Jetpack plugin which enables you to set your social metadata up correctly.

The plugin I recommend though is the Yoast SEO plugin because it's acts as a great SEO tool alone as well as having the option for you to set up your social metadata for all your posts. You can set them up for Twitter, Facebook and Google +.

All you need to do is install the plugin and configure the settings in the social tab of the plugin and that's that, nothing else to worry about here, just a one time setting.

It's all pretty easy..

Publishing Your Posts

The next time you publish a post, simply scroll down and fill in your SEO details as normal.

The title of the post will also act as the social metadata title if it get shared.

You then need to click on the social tab, you will see it if you have the plugin installed, don't worry.

All you then is fill in the details on what you want the descriptions to display and also the image you want to show.

That's all you do. Every post you now write, simply add your social descriptions.

By utilising this little tip and having social metadata, then you are giving your posts the best possible chance of getting shared.

It's like picking the best strawberry's in a shop.

The nice red bright ones or the rather dull looking green ones - which would you notice and pick more?

Social media is massive for your blog and I urge everyone to fine tune there blogs social metadata for better results.
Thanks. It is a great article. The newbies in the world of internet often confuse over the fact.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.