How can i make a dropdown menu for mobile phones with a WordPress nav?

jessica89

Hi all,

I'm just wondering how i could make a simple dropdown for a WordPress template...

Normally it would be something like
HTML:
<div>
<ul>
   <il></li>
    <il></li>
</ul>
</div>
But WordPress uses:

HTML:
<?php wp_nav_menu(); ?>
I just can't figure out how i can style it with css so it becomes mobile friendly

webdesign

It's unintelligent way to do that with wp_nav_menu().

If you want to have a professional dropdown menu with wordpress. Just go with ubermenu plugin [URLnf="http://codecanyon.net/item/ubermenu-wordpress-mega-menu-plugin/154703"]here[/URLnf] and install extra addons from it. It's a mega menu, support responsive, run good on mobile devices and you can do everything with it, from simple to professional menu you can make customizations on menu according shapes you want.

Keep in mind that you will not remove <?php wp_nav_menu(); ?> with normal html tags or try to make a new menu for wordpress. it's waste of your time!

jessica89

Thanks for your response web design, but i'm a webdesigner... i don't want to use plug-ins with a interface to develop a mobile menu...

Mhh.. The developers on codex.wordpress show how you can easily make a different menu per categorie... but they aren't showing how you can customize the css... i came up with Walker so far...

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies