First steps to SEO for a new site?

SamZadworny

Hey guys, I'm preparing to build a new website and it will be complete in some days more, I have around 10 articles and they will be posted to new site.
please show me which steps I need to do for it when site's published, submit to search engines or buiding backlinks for it to get traffic to the site and next steps I should do for a long term?

ericplotz1

Please take this next comment as constructive criticism and not as an insult. You sir have a long way to go. You need to ask more specific questions. Start by reading some of the other threads here before asking questions like this. Questions you SHOULD be asking at this stage have already been answered.

For a new site I would produce atleast one piece of content a day. And start building social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, We Heart It, and anywhere else you can build a following. Every network has a way of searching niches, obviously the hashtag is one of those ways. Follow people in your niche and continually share your content from your site to your social networks.

10 articles is a joke. Just keeping it real wit ya man. Youre gonna have to work a lot harder if you want to make money.

amidst the social networking and continually pushing out content (I like 700 word articles), you need to be reading about what not to do when it comes to link building. Listen to all of the "White-hat" bloggers and people that say black hat is dead. Then go search out why black hat doesn't work and what Google hates about link building. Only then can you even begin to think about link building or youre going to tank sites.

ericplotz1

why you like 700 word articles? I'm curious about that
why not 500, 1000 or 1500 :D
It's my minimum. I hate writing so instead of doing the typical 3-400 words I do 700 ;)

I don't think that google hates link building while I have seen more websites building their backlinks on other websites and getting better positions on search results, what link building methods that don't work?
You see my friend, this is why you have much to read. "Link building" is against Google's TOS. Simple as that. You have to make link building look natural, which is basically replicating authentic human interaction.

I think you should read this page:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en

Yes, I still build links but I use HIGH QUALITY and Contextual PBNs and a ton of social signals depending on the niche. Also quality Web 2.0s and home page links on blogs are working great.

prasila

I would recommend @SamZadworny to consult SeoMoz in case he didn't heard about them. Their blogs, tutorials and everything, helped me understand a lot.

RohitGovindraj

Creating quality back-links is very essential, Here are the following instruction which will worth it:
1.) Web 2.o
2.) Social Bookmarking
3.) Forum posting
4.) QnA
5.) Info-graphics creation

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.