Facebook Ads vs. Google Adwords, who will you choose ?

drastic

product marketing = google.
other things = facebook.

try both, see what gets the best results, but make sure you optimize the hell out of your ad campaign.

markdenz

id recommend adwords its expensive but high quality and converts easily so in the long run its a good investment for your money

james01

It definitely depend upon what you are selling.

Facebook provides you higher targeting, however you've got to consider why individuals attend Facebook, and how receptive they'll be to what you are advertising.

On the other side on google people see your ads will be looking for exactly what you sell.

elcidofaguy

FB and Adwords is like "chalk and cheese"... in that they are both very different with requiring different approaches...

With adwords you are targeting people who are looking to buy, provided that you use the correct keywords... For example lets take the dog training niche... If I use the keyword "dog training" - thats a bit too high level given the intent behind it could range from a user looking for free resources so chances are you'll lose a lot of clicks for nothing.... If however I used the keyword "dog training DVD" - you can almost see that person sitting their with their wallet eager to buy... So your keywords are essential as this is the difference between ROI and fiscal losses...

With FB - nobody on social networks are looking to buy... They are their to socialize/connect with friends etc... So sales ads appearing on their walls is generally speaking very annoying... You can even see for yourself with comments below such ads... I've tried direct selling on FB and for me it was a total waste of time money and effort... What works on FB is to use that for list building or through building up engagement/social shares etc through interesting/engaging content.... with sales being a longer term strategy primarily through email marketing...

In sum:

Adwords Advantages: Connect to eager buyers. Great for direct sales.
Adwords Disadvantages: Many policies e.g. "info harvesting policy", "bridge policy" - in otherwords dont bother with list building, affiliate marketing due to these policies. User safety is another one whereby no exaggerated claims, essential need for disclaimers and disclosures etc...

FB Advantages: Great for list building, great for targeting demographics e.g. gender, location, interests etc
FB Disadvantages: Terrible for direct sales.

For me both are great platforms... The important thing is to learn how to use each one for your maximum benefit...

MrGravyCakes

I used Favebook, purely because it is cheap and easy. There's a lot to set up in Adwords and they changed my account from personal to business for some reason. They then said about taxes and all sorts of things, so I use FB who are so much easier.

Webmaster.Xochitl

I will definitely choose Facebook Ads cause it provides numerous advantages. The greatest one is its flexibility. I can regulate my budget, plan and who it is focused to at whatever point I need.

Kyrie

Kyrie
I believe you can do that with google's services. At the moment I would not bet anything on FB Ads as I think they are not as reliable. Someone on Google is looking for something, on facebook they won't go to your website on a whim.

My $0.02

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.