Promoting affiliate programs or your own products?

Maxoq

Which is more benefit? promoting affiliate programs from other sites or promoting my own product?
Should I build a landing page to offer my own products?

Nytshade

Which is more benefit? promoting affiliate programs from other sites or promoting my own product?
Each has it's own benefits and disadvantages. When you're just starting out then promoting other people's products is the ideal option because it will not require a big budget to do it. Product creation requires a good budget not to mention the promotions as well.

So it depends on the level you're at, are you a beginner or are you already generating cash online? Or do you have enough cash to create your own product?

Creating your product requires a website, hosting, product tools (software), autoresponder, support, design (website, product and affiliate tools), payment processor etc.

Do you have the time, money and resources to do all that?

Should I build a landing page to offer my own products?
Either way you'll need a squeeze page to collect emails. Even if you're promoting other people's products it's a wise move to build an email list so that when you start selling your product you already have people you can sell to.

So start by promoting affiliate products, build a list then create your own product later when you have more experience in internet marketing.

Maxoq

Creating your product requires a website, hosting, product tools (software), autoresponder, support, design (website, product and affiliate tools), payment processor etc.
I didn't think it will take more time like that

But promoting affiliate programs then I need the same things?

what do you mean, promoting your products on a web portal or creating independent page?
Going to create on an independent page. Does it have the different from a web portal?

Nytshade

I didn't think it will take more time like that
Creating your own product requires a lot more than what I just mentioned, it's really a lot of work.

But promoting affiliate programs then I need the same things?
Promoting affiliate programs doesn't require everything I mentioned and it's not the same as creating your own product. The most important thing you need is an autoresponder so that you can be able to collect emails.

Autoresponders like Getresponse give you free tools for building squeeze pages so you can save a lot of cash or start with a low budget if you choose to promote affiliate programs.

samng

I feel that for a newbie, it will be best if you can find a product that works and try to promote it. For product creation, it involves a lot of time and effort which, in the end, might not sell well. And its not just the creation of the product, its also about getting people to promote your product, which can be an uphill task if you are a newbie

TheLifeStyleMentor

Well which would you prefer... To be an affiliate of a product that thousands of other affiliates are competing against you for sales or the creator / prime source of that product with an army of affiliates promoting and making sales for you? It's obvious, isn't it? If you can create a product that feeds a demand and/or solves a problem people are hungry to solve, and offer an affiliate program, that's much better than just being a re-seller of that same product.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.