Using Yahoo answers as part of SEO

Danlucy

Everyone tried to have a link on Yahoo answers?

Have it considered as a part of SEO?

metafser

Everyone tried to have a link on Yahoo answers?
Yes why not !. Cause they are getting related and quality visitors from there.

Have it considered as a part of SEO?
Yahoo Answers is not a part of ranking factors. But You can use it for getting high quality & related traffic.

Last edited:

basicblogtalk

basicblogtalk
Please provide more explanation...!

Why you think that it is benefit of SEO...?

Anyway, Yahoo answer is not so different from forum discussion. If you want to get high quality and related traffic unless you done it right way...

provided quality answer...

Build well support to other members, and

else...

Mark007

Yahoo Answers is a way of promotion to your website link or maybe affiliate link. Building backlink from Yahoo answers will help to drive good traffic.

sharonbreemj

It can generate traffic, also websites like Quora and Trulia can be good. I think it has some SEO value but there is a debate about it. Same as no follow links vs follow links, I think no follow can contribute to your site SEO.

AndiLim

Honestly, I haven't tried using yahoo in promoting the services that we offer. The fact that many people visit the said website then I can say that it surely is effective. Can somebody tell me, how to insert link on yahoo discussion? Thanks in advance. :rolleyes2:

theprb

theprb
You have to start from the bottom answering questions without links for a while. Once you earn enough points you move up in levels. It is described in the link I am posting, but you have to log into Yahoo to see it now b/c they have a privacy change page up (maybe GDPR related, unsure):

Yahoo Answers points and levels | Yahoo Help - SLN8216
hxxps://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN8216.html (I can't post links yet, remove the xx and replace with tt)
Learn how you can get points to help build your reputation as a trusted ... trusted resource and help you become an all around Yahoo Answers community guru!

steitieh

Yahoo answers was around even when I got on the internet during dial up times.

Don't use your main Yahoo account I've been banned from them before for leaving a link to which I was associated.

Rick
You could promote your links or services too much so that they banned you.
Trying to make everything natural there and your account will be fine.

just try and show the result..
How to know the results when trying with Yahoo answers then I am sure you will need a tool or ways for it.

UVM

I never felt a SEO benefit from this strategy but I used this to rank on the first page for a competitive keyword haha.

I wrote a keywords strategic question and answered it from another account with the same strategy. Popped up on page one in 7 days and I am sure I got a lot of new clients that way.

#CreativeMarketing

ulterios

I know many people who have used yahoo answers in the past and all of them told me that same thing. There wasn't any kind of ranking boost, but they did get a little bit of traffic from it.

So I would only do it if you are looking to squeeze in a few more visitors to your site and not do it for SEO factors.

samimnoorzaitgc

As many people used to get Do-follow backlinks from Yahoo Answers, they made some restrictions. Now you need to level up before your links goes to Do-Follow, they are No-Follow by default. You must have some Best Answers to level up. Once you have reached level 2, you can have all your links as Do-Follow.

hoabantrang

Im using Yahoo answer but level doesnot enought to put link. I hear many people said this is good place to take backlink. hope it true !

jeffscott

Yahoo answer site has nothing to do with SEO and this reputable website is very strict when it comes to links so that the spammers will be filtered immediately.

Goyum

Yahoo answer were good in older days, but now most of the people prefer forums for their questions to get their answers, and forums are more successful for Questions & Answers.

So, it will be my suggestion better to use forums, rather than Yahoo Answers.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.