How long does it take to recovering ranking in Google?

denvercardonations

My traffic was literally (and depressingly) cut by %75 due to all of the website downtime I had been experiencing using Nameheap as my webhost. My website was in a constant state of error 500's for probably 1-2 weeks. I have since moved to Siteground, which is so much better, and they worked with me on dialing back a few RSS functions to make sure that I did not over-extend on resource use, but the errors are gone for the foreseeable future. However, Google has a very tiny drop of my pages indexed and my traffic is still down by the %75. All of this server move happened within the past week.

Does Google come back and re-crawl and at re-index after a period of time? (hopefully)

Hawker

The sure fire way to get Google to come back to your site and crawl your site is to add new content for it to actually crawl and index.

Just in the same way as you "train" the spiders to keep coming back to your new site by constantly adding new content.

You do the same thing with your established site.

So just keeping adding new content, re-training the spiders to come back to your site.

Wont happen over night. And takes dedication. But that's about all that you can do on that matter.

Apart from building some fresh do follow links from reputable sources.

ulterios

Wow, I have had the opposite effect with using Namecheap hosting. Theirs has been one of the best I have ever had and their support has been the best. I don't know what your problems were but are you sure it was the hosting with them? I have and have had several hosting accounts with them and they have always been awesome.

As far as getting your site and it's pages/content re-crawled and re-indexed, just go to the Google Search Console (webmaster tools) and re-submit the URL's in the "Fetch as" and then submit them to their index. Unless there are other issues with your site, they should be reindexed quickly if their are no issues.

Also, make sure that you have a good sitemap submitted as well...

Good Luck.

vishwa

My traffic was literally (and depressingly) cut by %75 due to all of the website downtime I had been experiencing using Nameheap as my webhost. My website was in a constant state of error 500's for probably 1-2 weeks. I have since moved to Siteground, which is so much better, and they worked with me on dialing back a few RSS functions to make sure that I did not over-extend on resource use, but the errors are gone for the foreseeable future. However, Google has a very tiny drop of my pages indexed and my traffic is still down by the %75. All of this server move happened within the past week.

Does Google come back and re-crawl and at re-index after a period of time? (hopefully)
Since you had lost your ranking and traffic from search engines due to your site down-time. It will buy you some time to regain it. Just keep doing things which you have done to get ranking.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.