Any recent Google update?

samimnoorzaitgc

This is so bad, soo bad. It has been two weeks that google didn't updated their rankings, it's still as same as it was. No positions changed, no new url's crawled, what's going on?

Hawker

Why is it so soo bad? Bad for you you mean right?

How do you know no new url's were crawled? Do you mean the url's on your site right sam?

If so, then that could be for any number of reasons. All of which would be relative I am sure.

Without knowing your site in question, and knowing about the site itself, how can anyone tell you what's going on mate?

In general, if your sites rank hasn't changed in two weeks and you have not seen any spidering of your site by any search engine in two weeks then there's a reason for that too.

First thing to do is, wait. Two weeks is not a long enough time to wait for Google to update the ranking of your site and any or all sites on the Internet.

You know how long, far and between Google can be before she updates herself.

You need to wait longer than two weeks. Wait another two weeks before doing anything drastic.

Secondly, Google is not just one but rather a collection of servers or data-centers and they don't all get updated at the same time.

Depending on what data-center is being served to you depending on your Geo-location dictates on the results that you see which are not the same for everyone else.

And if your site isn't/hasn't been/being crawled by any spider then this would probably be down to several things such as;

• Not enough do follow or no new do follow links to your site have been built thusly no spider can visit/crawl your site from that do follow link.
  • No new content has been added to the site recently or if it has, no notification of that content (Ping) has been made thusly G doesn't know it's there to crawl anyway.
  • If new content has been added but not pinged or shared anywhere and not yet at all indexed because of one of the first two reasons.
  • Site is very new/small and has a very small backlink portfolio and doesn't have any or much authority for the search engines to actually want to crawl anyway.
It might not be what you wanted to hear and it can be a bitter pill to swallow, but that's about the big and small of it when you think about it. :)

SEOPub

This is so bad, soo bad. It has been two weeks that google didn't updated their rankings, it's still as same as it was. No positions changed, no new url's crawled, what's going on?
Ummm... Maybe your one website has not changed ranking, but rankings fluctuate in the SERPs literally hourly. I'm not sure what the heck you are looking at.

ulterios

As stated by Pub above, the search rankings are constantly changing. Just because yours haven't changed, doesn't mean that changes aren't going on.

The more sites that you have, the more that you will notice changes happening all the time.

Have you done much work or updating on your site? The more active it is and the more link building and other SEO help you are doing to it, then you might see your rankings change more often.

samimnoorzaitgc

I'm working on my website everyday adding more blog posts. It's ranked well on some keywords in Yahoo and Bing (I have few PR5,6 and one PR8 backlinks) but it isn't ranked in Google yet. I think I need to wait more for Google. Thank you all for great answers.

ulterios

I'm working on my website everyday adding more blog posts.
That's great, keep up the good work! :D

It's ranked well on some keywords in Yahoo and Bing (I have few PR5,6 and one PR8 backlinks) but it isn't ranked in Google yet. I think I need to wait more for Google. Thank you all for great answers.
It's odd that it isn't in Google's index yet, have you added the site to your Google Search Console and checked to see if there are any manual penalties?

Maybe something to check in to.

Good luck. :)

samimnoorzaitgc

samimnoorzaitgc
There is a DNS error, saying: "Couldn't communicate with the DNS server". Is this preventing my site from crawling?

ulterios

ulterios
That could be the problem. I would check with whoever is providing your DNS (registrar, hosting company, other) and see if all the records and everything else is set up correctly. If you know how to check and make needed changes to your website/domains DNS records then you can check them, if not then submit a ticket or start a chat session with the support provider for whoever is providing the DNS for your site/domain.

Lee06

Hello, the most recent and known Google Update is for Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) which has been deployed end of February. But you have to work on content of your website and link building to beat your competitors, which they surely work their SEO.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.