Wordpress or Drupal?

CyberAlchemist

Wordpress is better or the Drupal is better? why? I'd like to hear your suggestions from you guys.

Thanks

Mike001

Another question that will bring a bunch of different input.

It really all depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Wordpress was originally designed for a blogging system, and even though it has grown since those early days, at its root it is still a blogging platform. Now with all the available plugins it has been developed into a full fledged Content Management System (CMS) but it does have a rather high learning curve in my opinion.

Drupal has a much more complicated server side, in my opinion. I am pretty certain I will get beat up for that statement, but I think it is true. Also Drupal does not have near the community that supports it.

There is much more available for Wordpress both in support and in plugins.

If I had to choose from those two, I would choose Wordpress.

Have you considered other CMS Frameworks? Again allot of it depends on what your final intention is with the CMS. There are quite a few good frameworks out there that support CMS.

Also make certain that when you make your decision that your Hosting Provider supports the database that your CMS system will require. I have seen that bite quite a few people.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.