Traffic or Content?

Salmonjames

Both are directly proportional. The more you keep on posting by targeting random keywords, the more audience you can derive. I have read about these on number of platforms.

Seller

Right now I am spending most of my time creating content for my blog and only a little time on trying to get traffic. Once I feel like I have enough content then I plan on dedicating more time to traffic generation.

I have a couple of other projects I am currently looking at so that has slowed down things a little though.

I think that you have to have some good content to get people to want to spend time on your site but you need traffic no matter what or the site will be a failure. So, you need both for the success of a site IMHO.

mellisas

Which do you feel is more important, driving traffic, or
creating and posting content?

I know that both are important, but I have been hearing
varying views on this and was wondering what you folks
here at the forum thought.

Content is vital to SEO and the search engines.

Anyone with a web site (monetized or not) wants it to
be seen and wants traffic. Soooo, do you spend most of
your time on driving traffic through methods like
social media, or do you concentrate on traffic through SEO?

Just wondering what might take up more of your time.
Without unique and useful content your traffic won't convert into revenue, therefore concentrate on content as well as traffic for long term gain.

SARubin

I vote for content first... then traffic! Because if your visitors don't find anything useful on your site, then why would they stick around? Or ever come back?

Of course traffic is important. Because without visitors no one will ever see all your wonderful content.

But here's a simple math question for you (assuming you're trying to sell something)...

Would you rather have 1000 visitors a day, with a 0% conversion rate? <- Or -> Only 100 visitors a day, with a 10% conversion rate?

(Hint: 10 sales is more than zero) :D

HostaPolis

Both are important for different reasons. Good content will keep people coming back and grow an actual audience. Just having basic traffic, even at high levels, does not guarantee people will stick around. Having solid content should be a priority though.

Salmonjames

All of you have been segregating traffic and content differently but don't you think if they are likewise as these have seperate identity. So I believe that content is the only thing that should be the focal point.

Amy Richardson

no content = no traffic. I though its simple. It's the most important think. Do you like searching or clicking links without anything behind? I'm not, it's horrible! Plus look at this, if your content will be great the traffic almost at the same time will be growing, by himself.

Jeff

Content for me without a second thought. It is very relevant for conversion.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
no content = no traffic. I though its simple. It's the most important think. Do you like searching or clicking links without anything behind? I'm not, it's horrible! Plus look at this, if your content will be great the traffic almost at the same time will be growing, by himself.
Content for me without a second thought. It is very relevant for conversion.
Someone could create an image or an infographic on a sale page and drive traffic to it and had sales.

How can you tell about this?

They didn't need more content but more advertising and could earn money.

Jeff

Jeff
Yes, every strategy can produce a sale but don't you think an infographic submission is also considered as content?

What I wanted to say is content would be really helpful for a good conversion with a chance of repurchase as a brand trust can be been built.

JackyN

Traffic is important. However, content is even more important than traffic. When you have great content, visistors can be converted to customers. That means sales go up. So, I prefer spending most of my time creating good content instead of driving more and more traffic.

sarthakk

Content as it is the content that keeps the user engaged. People sure will come to your page if you are doing some sort of marketing for your page, But it will only increase exit rate for your website as people are not getting what they are expecting.

Rob Whisonant

I originally posted this...

You could have a ton of traffic but if your content is total junk (spun content, giberish, filler etc) you are going to make very little money or none at all. So content is still way more important than lots of traffic.

With content people are looking for and just a little traffic, you can make a lot more money.
After a lot of thought.... I believe I want to modify my response. :)

I can ALSO build a squeeze page with basically NO real content. Pump traffic to it and also make a lot of money. Hmmm... :)

So let's say this. Traffic is King and content is the Queen. :)

sarthakk

It's good to have good content but optimizing content for the traffic that matters most.

Katherin Watson Jr

They are both critical for a website's survival. You cannot have traffic if you do not have good content to show. And if you don't have traffic, then your content will be worthless.

ChristRodriguez

Content for sure, content is the KING of SEO, for the long term good content will drive you a lot of traffic and also the conversion rate. Even if you have great traffic but your content is trash, you still get nothing.

AdrianneG

No all affiliates have a website or blog. Therefore, content is not important
to them. Their primary focus is to grab a tiny url, and promote their
affiliate products by posting links all over the net.

For marketers that have a website or blog, content on the other hand is
their life line in this industry.

tzy

In SEO, traffic and Content is the same.
If you have more traffic but content is not attractive, visitor is will leave

sammy

Hey rbmm,
What i think is content is the main force which can drive traffic to your website!
If you are not creating good quality content or adding cvalue to any topic you are writting it wont give you good trafffic!
Where as on the other hand you mentioned social media, we should also understand the importance of social media.
The most important part is to distribute your content!

Content is useless if it is not distributed.

Secondly you have to understand the importance of SOCIAL MEDIA!

It is free and can drive great traffic!

According to HubSpot:

There are more than 2 billion active social media users worldwide and this number is projected to grow at a rate of 25% year over year.

We simply cant ignore any of the social media platform whether it is Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and many others.

We should be present on each and every social platform but we should allocate our time accordingly as per the presence of our buyers persona.

What should you do in accordance for this:

- Identify where our audience (where they are present)
- Set SMART Goals for Social Media
- Create a Social Media Content plan
- Set ROI

adlersmith

I think visitors is far better than material. Because it is simple to re create a good part of material because the material is restricted. The visitors is the one you should be worried about.

Bridge

Of cause, content is very important when someone lands on your site. But before landing, you need to try your best to promote the site to attract the others. Other the qualified content is useless.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.