Traffic or Content?

ethelglover

Which do you feel is more important, driving traffic, or
creating and posting content?

I know that both are important, but I have been hearing
varying views on this and was wondering what you folks
here at the forum thought.

Content is vital to SEO and the search engines.

Anyone with a web site (monetized or not) wants it to
be seen and wants traffic. Soooo, do you spend most of
your time on driving traffic through methods like
social media, or do you concentrate on traffic through SEO?

Just wondering what might take up more of your time.
In a short quality content can drive a huge traffic.

Rob Whisonant

Everyone that keeps saying that quality content drives huge traffic... Yes and absolutely NO also. This blanket statement that quality content drives huge traffic needs to be clarified.

Quality content that is BEING SEARCHED FOR.... Drives traffic. You can write tons of quality content, but if it's not being actively searched for, your site will still be a ghost town without traffic.

davidlee21

Both content and traffic are important. I personally give my 40% efforts for content creation and 60% efforts in promotion for driving traffic.

A_Gramm

It is tricky question, because both things are important.

Last edited:

A_Gramm

Many sites have no content but have rank (#1) and traffic. These sites are specific categories. And the content is important for many other sites.
And in any cases we need to increase traffic and to have content.

Last edited:

romanalexeevich198

Content that is well received by the audience and widely distributed, serves as a powerful traffic generator for your site.

sincharde

Both are needed if you want to make things fast for you. You cannot have traffic without content and if you can't get traffic for your content, it is useless. You need to work on both.

Traffic

Content content and regualr content. Traffic is driven to content you generate traffic with content. There is nothing for traffic to see without content. Buying traffic is easy but you still need content. Did I mention content. Why am I not self promoting because if you don't get it you need content.

EvaMPerkins

Hi

Content is the way I drive traffic to my sites. . To mepersonally, material IS traffic. I actually don't write notes on what I'll boost visitors to a website without mentioning topics and content. Not certain what you guys do. What should you really do? Share exactly the very exact same page repeatedly on societal networking? How do you receive backlinks that are natural? People today talk about your articles when its own helpful or some thing that they enjoy. You shouldn't consider content and traffic being an either/or item, but it simply will not sound right IMO.

I really just like the answer that cites 80% boosting and 20% creating content - I don't think that it might hurt to ensure it is 60/40, specially if your site does not have a lot of content yet. In the event that you may hire a person to produce this content or perform the boosting subsequently it's possible to concentrate on a single thing and you're going to be productive.

GalynkaGlnk

I choose only content! It should be useful and high quality, as all users are always on the hunt for valuable content they can learn from! Content is really king! :)
So then you should think about traffic.

nblinks

Content brings traffic.

If you are really serious on promoting your business online, then I think you should focus on creating valuable contents. By doing so, you even get your readers to promote your contents for you FREE.

juliaann

Obviously content is the king & a strong part then marketing, Content plays an important role & a relevant & high-quality content get traffic.

So this comparison between traffic & content is pointless.

EvaMPerkins

Hello,

Individuals will notice it even little to low promotion/efforts if you create exceptional and quality content. It takes some time if the content is very good however, you'll have regular visitors.

MarkMiller

Without content how you suppose to be getting traffic? We create content so that we can drive some traffic to our site. The first step of driving traffic to your site is Content itself.

GergStore

Traffic Or Content? The question is quite usual but still Content is always King. The rankings will be increased only if the content is qualified. Try to concentrate on Content rather traffic. If the content is quality, then it increases in SERP and so obviously Traffic is generated. That's the way we are generating potential customers for you.

shoptechmedia

Which do you feel is more important, driving traffic, or
creating and posting content?

I know that both are important, but I have been hearing
varying views on this and was wondering what you folks
here at the forum thought.

Content is vital to SEO and the search engines.

Anyone with a web site (monetized or not) wants it to
be seen and wants traffic. Soooo, do you spend most of
your time on driving traffic through methods like
social media, or do you concentrate on traffic through SEO?

Just wondering what might take up more of your time.
It's two sides of the same coin.. can't do without the other..but if there is nothing else, content will always trump driving traffic. You can drive traffic to a page without a content, but that will not result in anything other than the traffic.. but consistent, quality content will always drive traffic and will result into something of value. You don't have to chose one over the other. Take them both and work on both of them.

Korim Fx

content of course is more important, If your content not good, Traffic wont convert and it is just like a waste of time
So focus on your content quality

schttrj

Depends on your BUSINESS MODEL.

Are you running a blog and looking for organic traffic? Content is really the King for you, my friend.

Are you looking to run targeted traffic to your affiliate landing page? Paid advertising is the way to go (and you need not a single piece of content!).

Even if you are looking to use the 'parasite SEO' method, you cannot go around creating high-quality content regularly.

You have to understand one fundamental thing: the web runs on content. Everything else is just a bonus!

Griggs

I vote for the content! Unique content will bring you organic traffic and in this way, you will kill two birds with one stone.
Yes, I agree that traffic can also be driven inorganic. But what benefit will it bring if users do not remain on your site?
Users are now spoiled for information and need to attract them correctly.

watersquad

I think both is very important. Content attracts visitors to your blog. However if you have content and there is no traffic than it will not worth so much. So, You have to do the both at the same. You have to create quality content and have to drive traffic to your site in order to utilize your content

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.