Traffic or Content?

TomasJ

Traffic through SM is a short-term action; content is an investment which will pay off in the mid/long-term.

bomb2060

I vote for a little of both. You need to have content well in advance in your site and then get down to SEO. If your content is very good, it will sell on its own. Since people will be compelled to share with others online and thus giving you quality backlink. The two go hand in hand. And none takes precednce over the other. You must do a little of both. But of course you have to put enough weight on content. Since what is the use of growing traffic to come to an empty website. Unless you're running a forum, in which you would wish the members to generate the content.

behappie

Both traffic and content are very important. Traffic is actually very important when the website is monetized. Even though, I always believe that an excellent content would get good traffic in the longrun, traffic is the currency of a monetized site.

fern2x2001

For me, you should focus more on content. Yes traffic is also important but you'll eventually loose all traffic if what they are seeing are just poor contents. Which will in turn, hurt you and your online business. If you focus more on content, traffic will surely follow gradually. And if they continue to see solid contents from you, they would more likely come back for more. Which means more traffic for you. In the end, you get both.

Nancy G

You start with a good engaging content in order to drive traffic but traffic will be relevant only based on your conversion results. Otherwise, you may need to reassess your marketing strategies and improve for the better.

mastrodigital

Creating content will lead to traffic so I have always believed in a strong content strategy. Focus every article around a certain keyword(s) and over time you will have tons of posts driving traffic to your website :)

Ridew

Well, the content is very important. Of course, your content must be unique if you would like to get a massive traffic unless you buy traffic elsewhere. I prefer 100 interested visitors in my products/blog per month rather than driving 100k traffic without any interest in your service or products and leaving your website while you spend money. Just remember, high quality content will brings you a lot of traffic.

hakireview

I think content is more important than traffic. Because traffic just affect to your SEO little bit. But if your content is good, you can get high-quality backlinks from "super" sites and shares, likes from social media, and it helps improve your SEO ranking :D

yajia92

Content of course! Most of the famous and successful websites have one thing in common and that is good quality content. Your content will determine your audience, so choose a topic/theme for your site that will attract more visitors. Good Content could attract patrons and eventually help you improve your site. These patrons might be ordinary people who enjoy visiting,reading and watching your content. So focus in content but you also need promotion to let everyone know that you exist and has something to offer. :)

ecole11j

Content first and foremost. If you're not producing content, then you don't have anything to be directing traffic to. Social media is important too of course, but without anywhere to direct it then all you have is a bunch of likes and follows and no way to really earn any income off of it. Definitely focus on creating quality content first.

jitendrasurve

Content is always important, if you just get traffic for content which has around 300 words, your bounce rate will be high and average time spent on the page will be approximately 30secs. So focus on longer content and sound it like a conversation. Once people love, share your content ultimately it will turned to a great traffic. For each piece of content always write it is fresh content and write original.

CookieRunner

Both are significant when it comes to these kinds of matter. But, I lean towards a great content than more traffic since if you don't have traffic it is just easy to drive it to a greater / much more traffic if you have an awesome content and an interesting one -- it can create more traffic.
One way or the other they both play a critical role.

sidrawat

Both plays important role when we talk about business growth. Instead I would suggest, to focus on providing incredibly insightful, innovative, & - most importantly - actionable pieces of content to help your readers. Formulating a strong idea of who your demographic is and what keywords and questions they are using in the search engines is a great place to start.

Judas2018

The easy and correct answer here, is CONTENT. Yes, traffic is important - very important in fact. But what's traffic when the visitors arrive and there's little to no decent content? They aren't going to stay, they'll just leave.

paritosh

Which do you feel is more important, driving traffic, or
creating and posting content?

I know that both are important, but I have been hearing
varying views on this and was wondering what you folks
here at the forum thought.

Content is vital to SEO and the search engines.

Anyone with a web site (monetized or not) wants it to
be seen and wants traffic. Soooo, do you spend most of
your time on driving traffic through methods like
social media, or do you concentrate on traffic through SEO?

Just wondering what might take up more of your time.
Hi,
As I know that Content is king for SEO in these days and without Content it is impossible to get more traffic regularly.

chongjasmine

Both are important, but content, in my opinion, is more important.

couponndeal22

I thing content or traffic is more important. If you want to more traffic in your website so firstly content should be perfect and relevant for other competitor websites.

BountySite

I too believe content is what drives traffic.
And ensuring that visitors stick to your page(ie low bounce rate).

Tonysanders

Content important, traffic important, so without writing great content, there is no traffic. you have have the best website in the world, if you don't solve people's problems you won't get visitors. First launch a blog and write captivating blog posts to attract, grow and convert.

Start small, learn the basics before any advanced strategies, and try to improve your writing skills. do your best to tell engaging stories.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.