Are you dependent on social media?

AmieBotella

I can say I can live without social media, so I am not dependent on it, but these days it is a necessity in my life basically because this is a platform where I can connect with family living overseas. Also, most of the local news from our city gets to be posted immediately giving the community the update we needed to know as a community. Like for example, these days, during rainy season, we cannot rely on the weather stations anymore and watch the television because most of the destructive rains that brought floods these days are no longer from tropical storms but rather from just plain monsoon rains that never stops. Our city spreads news more through the social media. and there are a lot more benefits I can get by being active in the social media world, but iI can still say that it has never affected my real social world and I can still live without being connected to it.

Hurry14

If your'e talking about Social life then my answer is no. I admit I use social media to get connected to my family, relatives, and friends but I'm not that dependent on it. I still prefer to hang out with my family, relatives, or friends because it's much more enjoyable rather than to just sit around all day chatting people until I get bored. But if your'e talking about using social media for online marketing and other likely things, then yes I really depend on social medias for my promotions, advertisement, blogs and other stuffs like that. Social medias can really be a big help if you used it right for the things that will really benefit you in your goals. So for my Social life my answer is no, and for being a online marketer my answer is yes.

saygorem

I dont think the right word is dependent, I think it should be addicted. Because social media such as Facebook can be addicting because of its features and it is user-friendly.

Jroldan

Jroldan
Hi! I believe Mr. Wallet was right in saying it, because he is referring to a person relying on social media to connect with others instead of other means such as personal communication. To answer his question, Even I, too, am dependent on social media because it is the only way to talk to my loved ones who are currently in far away places. I have no choice but to use Facebook because it is convenient and fast. I also agree with him that it has bad effects because the relationships are now different between social media and personal that everything became superficial. Social media also cause misunderstandings. So just like being addicted in using it, we have to be careful with everything that we do with social media.

grchl0513

I can say that i'm dependent in social media because for me, social media is the easiest medium to communicate with your relatives, family, friends and colleagues especially those living abroad and those people that you didn't see for the longest time. It is also a medium to find pages or groups of people that you can share a common interest or if you want to look for someone or something that you need or even suggestion/reviews about a certain thing, person or event. I'm not an addict of social media but i'm just dependent.

Landost

I used to depend on social media a few years ago. Now it's just another alternative for me to communicate with relatives or acquaintances, plus, a decent but not reliable source of local and international news. Most of my friends find social media at this point as entertainment and to sell products in certain groups, mostly because of the popularity and the amount of people who use social media at these times and how it facilitates communication or trades.

jessicarousey

I actually depended on social media, well atleast for now. Not just because of the connectivity but also because my work. I would not say it is addiction though, it became more of a habbit to me; to open facebook and and other sites when I open my laptop. Some things are just tied up to other things.

BelindaMT

I must say that yes I am now depended on social media. Every day if there is a first site that I open, it was facebook because this is where I market my business by posting it on Facebook. If I want to message my friend, I also used social media instead of calling them thru phone. I think I cant live without social media it’s been a part of life now.

jtahil

Yes, I can say that I'm quite dependent on social media because it is the fastest and easiest way to know how a particular person is doing especially those who you don't see or meet often. They're just one click/tap away. Also considering the fact that most of the people around my age use social media a lot, my curiosity even grows bigger that leads me to checking their social media profiles.

lovefoxycharms

Since we don't get too much sunlight (if you know what I mean), we usually just connect to the outside world through social media and I must admit that I am kind of addicted to it. I have not been socializing for like 3 years now ever since I have quitted my office job. I was the type of person who goes out every weekend with my friends when I was in college and even high school so it was not easy for me to adjust to be just staying at home with my family and work my ass off every single day. I get to relax and clear my mind when I open my social media apps and I could not get a day without looking at my phone to check some updates online. I don't know if this is normal, though! Is there somebody having this kind of thing?

jaymish

Like totally. I'm practically on social media all day ,247/365. I get my news from Facebook and Twitter. When I'm looking for inspiration for my art and my soul or when I m just looking for business ideas , i turn to Pinterest. When i want recipes or i need to fix something in my car, i always rely on YouTube. When I want to go on vacation, or am looking for ideas to decorate my house, or I want outfit ideas , i look on Insta gram. I would say social media is my life.

SirenOnFire

Nowadays, I can truly say that many or, I may even dare to say,majority of the people can't spend a day without interacting in the social media. Then again, many now use this medium for their business to thrive, earn money through part time jobs, or even their full time jobs such as blogging or being forum owners. As for me though, yes I spend a few hours in social media, but only to those I can earn money. I have not been active in facebook and instagram for about two years now. Although I believe that this is the best way to communicate with family and friends that live far from you, or you're unable to see often, I only use it when I only feel like I really have to. For the reason that I often feel like these social media platforms have become like a tool for bullies and attention seekers which have really left a bitter taste in my mouth.

schrudee83

Our business basically depends on social media. Currently, we have located away from the city and social media is the best way we could think of to get in contact with prospects. It has been very helpful to us, business and personal-wise.

The advantages of using social media is having the convenient way to communicate. Near or far, we get to talk, update and keep in touch. Some of my downlines have been thankful because they get to overcome their fear of socializing personally. It's very favorable to get to with like-minded people, and expand business contacts, usually for free.

One of the disadvantages that I've observed is that it is quite addictive. Users tend to overuse it, unnecessarily, that could sometimes cause chaos or issues. Not all of the posts are reliable. Some take too much advantage of its usage and mostly become misunderstood.

For me, I'm dependent on social media business-wise. Personally, I still prefer the basic way of communicating. Presence makes it more real and reliable.

Ithinkmom

I guess I am dependent lately in one particular platform of social media which is YouTube. I am a Freelancer now and I do a lot of research and watch YouTube vlogs or videos related to online jobs . I also watch my favorite vlogger's video everyday,yes I'm hooked up to it. But, I'm not dependent on other sites such as Facebook,twitter or instagram. I can still survive a day or week without checking them.

Melissa16

I believe society has become too dependent on social media. Today social media is part of everyone's life. It has given us the ability to have the world at our fingertip.
In just one click, you can easily get all the information you want, you can connect to your family, friends, customers and even long time acquaintance. It is disappointing
that we rely on social media just to feed our self-confidence or to be in.

For me social media is essential but I don't depend on it. I'm only dependent on God.

ColdFlameChris

I can say that I'm already dependent on social media. Every day, I check my facebook as my daily routine and always want to be updated on what's happening in my relatives and friends. I never missed checking my facebook every hour, I guess. I also watch a lot of videos in youtube as well.

hengxin

Being dependent on social media platforms is never been really my thing. Maybe it is because I am an introvert though. I only check my facebook whenever I want to know if there are new things being sold on the group that I have joined.

SimplyD

I can go for a day without opening my social media. But not a day would pass without me opening the online sites that I have joined.
Actually, the online sites are what makes me not so interested in social media anymore. Though, when I have new pictures of events I attended, I would open my social media.

Krisha

I am not dependent on social media because I don't have close relatives living abroad but I appreciate how social media and networking sites help me to easily communicate with my friends, specifically my classmates. Actually, I only created my Facebook account to be able to be updated when there are announcements from our class president and if ever there is a group work, we can easily communicate through chat and work remotely. I don't really like depending on social media because sometimes people misunderstand what the other person is saying that is why sometimes it is better to talk face to face.

Judas2018

I don't think social media plays a role in fake or real friends. Many real life friends can turn out to be terrible people also. As for relying heavily on social media in general? For business purposes sure. The more connections, the more followers, the more interaction and the more brand visibility. Now deepening interactions with some of those people beyond business like everything else in life, is a personal choice that requires deep council before making it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.