If you could change something on Facebook, what would you change?

WildSpirit

It's quite likely that no social media platform can survive for long in this world so busy that it's the technological world without investing in the development of new tools to attract the attention of potential new users, right? This is an extremely valuable rule (like a golden coin :)), and that's why all the developers work hard on that.

If you were one of the Facebook developers, what would you change?

LeatherCrafting

It as a simplistic look to it I would try advancing on the design aspect of facebook. I hope this counts as something that can be improved.

The design is not all that important but seeing the same old stuff all the time does put me off a bit, but there is pro and cons to this anyway.

I would also add multi chat calls where you can invite another person to the a call. That would be some nice to have.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
Your tips seem to be very interesting and very useful (I have to say that multi chat calls would be amazing Facebook update! :clap:). How do you feel about sending your ideas to Mark Zuckerberg?! :ertery:

It might work... Who knows? :)

LeatherCrafting

I would look at changing the theme around.

I would also look in to adding invite more user to the chat, when you facebook call someone.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
I think the theme urgently needs a renewal. I mean, "blue" is my favorite color in the whole world :), but the blue world of Facebook has been like this for many years. A new theme would be great (not excluding "the blue factor" :clap:, of course).

JoeMilford

I think I would make our personal pages more customizable, almost like myspace did, but better. It would be interesting to see the creativity in fellow facebookers if they were given the opportunity to really play with the design of their pages; however, I have no idea what strain that would put on the regulation of the business and customer service as a whole.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
This idea of ​​personalization would be very interesting, but it would have to be something much better than Myspace had done. The bad side would be the technical problems that could happen because the number of people using Facebook is very large and some technical failures would certainly happen frequently (at least until the process stabilized itself)... And in the meantime, the Facebook could lose many users.

freebird37

The only thing I can think of to change with Facebook if I were a developer is to have more options with the emoticons under a post. Facebook is pretty loaded with everything. They have your memories to look back on everyday. They have suggestions tailored for you. They have friends suggestions, the list goes on and on. If I were a developer for FB, I would focus on improving what was already there instead of adding anything new, unless it's a unique idea.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
I think improving the emoticons options would be something kinda interesting, but I think depending on the amount of emoticons available for use, it would become something that could overload the loading of the pages, don't you think?

JoeMilford

Wildspirit,

Hello to you, and I always appreciate your comments. You are right--I could see a transition in design like that being a huge nightmare, and it would be a huge burden on their systems, most likely. Also, facebook seems to be so popular that they probably don't feel on the corporate level like they need to make such changes, especially if it would risk losing users and advertisers.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
Thanks, mate. I hope you continue to enjoy my comments. :)

"Don't mess with the team that's winning the game, isn't it?" - Have you ever hear someone say something like that? I think that's basically what Facebook's developers think.

They wouldn't risk a major change that could hurt growth in the number of users.

However, sooner or later they'll need to change something. Everything that evolves must take some kind of risk.

tim_cloudcone

I wouldn't want to change much related to UI or UX. Facebook has a familiar design and layout to most people which makes it feel like a home.

I would like to see the ability to set all my past posts as private.

Henrywrites

I would try as much as I can to tighten the security of Facebook accounts of the users of the social media site. I must say that there have been lots of reports of people losing their facebook accounts to hackers and that has even made new users not to put too much hope on Facebook as regards storing important files on the site maybe via inbox as well as making some important chats with friends or business associates.

So, if the developers of Facebook can try as much as they could in ensuring that they tighten the security grip of the site as well as enlighten its users on ways to protect their accounts from being hacked.

pjprins

Firstly, I would like them to let go of their "demi-god syndrome".

For instance - if you don't spend at least $10K per month on FB ads, they won't even TALK to you. You are redirected to the knowledge base.

Your problems or questions are insignificant.

Secondly, I understand that there are many marketers trying to spam FB - but some of their rules are really ridiculous.

I quit FB long ago.

Last edited:

johnmctown

I will definitely change or add an option on deleted data recovery. A lot of people on the internet asked frequently, how can i recover my deleted photos and messages on facebook. A lot of photos and messages are accidentally deleted on facebook and people are taking a hard time trying to recover those memorable photos and important messages.

mrschanandlerbong

I'd listen to everyone who has spoken out against the dreaded timeline algorithm and get rid of that - or, at the very least, give users the option to choose whether they want to let Facebook decide what they see in their timeline or whether they would rather see everything.

As much as I would love to turn it into a barebones social networking platform, that revamp would have me out of my hypothetical paycheck faster than something that's really fast. Like...the Roadrunner.

francesca23

Facebook is now part of our everyday lives. Almost every morning, we see to it that we spend time checking our notifications and private messages in the app. I like the minimalistic look of the page but it will be great if they will create something customizable in our profile pages, themes and music will be a nice add ons. They also need to be more strict when it comes to uploading videos. Because it so easy for a user to upload awful videos and took time to delete it or restrict it publicly. I think they need to screen first the content before allowing it to be shown in public.

mrseth1993

If I could change something on Facebook, I would change the way you login to it. For security reasons, instead of just an email and a password, a quick face recognizer or an option to login can be added to make sure that the one who's logging in is the account holder itself. As we all know facebook hacking is common nowadays. Just to avoid this to happen. Everything on facebook it seems so perfect already for me. So I would just love to suggest this kind of login perimeter or precaution.

AmieBotella

I am waiting for the day some more tweaking for Facebooks's privacy settings will happen. If I can change anything in Facebook, I would definitely change the fact that i cannot be added to a group without my consent and logging out should be just as easily accessible for everyone especially for mobile apps. You cannot log our of Messenger in your mobile, you still need to clear your app's data to just log out of it. And also it's frustrating to know you've been added to a ridiculous group on facebook and when you try to search for that privacy settings, all you can do is leave and block that group after you've just been added.

BelindaMT

Facebook have a lot to offer to users which is very helpful and friendly to use. If there is features of facebook that I want to change probably I want to have a tool that you can see who visited your page often. I will also put graphics and designs to facebook page.

victoroj

victoroj
This is also one of the things I wanted Facebook to have when most people migrated from Friendster to Facebook. Because Friendster did have that feature for its users to know who visited their profile. Over time, I came to accept that we can't have that feature anymore.

lovefoxycharms

I do not want to change anything else on Facebook. I just would like to add a little function on it like seeing the people who viewed my account! I am still hoping that this would one day be a function in Facebook just like the one in Friendster before. I also want to add the feature that could let you change the theme of your profile and put some background music on it. I think it would be more exciting but of course, I do not think Mark Zuckerburg wants to copy these features from Friendster! LOL

girlkaptain

Privacy settings are very important feature of any website or platform including facebook. If there is a feature I want to add is the option to disable comments on post just like in Instagram. Some users don't want to see any negative comments on their post and that option definitely would help.

Keibah

If I could change something, I would change the theme overall, the design and I will remove some unnecessary features on a page and put them under one category like inbox and notification. I would change that long time blue and make the design look modern and classic.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.