Is Yahoo still a valuable search engine?

Ithinkmom

I don't know exactly when I stop using Yahoo as my search engine, I became dependent on google for quite a while. Yahoo is for my email, that is where I first created my email account and still using until now aside from gmail.

beth24

So far, many people do not use yahoo often and honestly, I am included. I have my yahoo mail but I had never use yahoo for searching. I often used Google because no doubt it was global and easy to use. I would say that Yahoo is still valuable for now because there are still millions of subscribers in it but not the number one search engine at this time. Google is in the top. However, if you would go in investing, I will suggest that you should consider what people usually used among these search engines because it is less risky, and that is Google.

Jacob.k

every traffic is valuable, tho dont expect loads and loads from Yahoo (that's my experience anyways)... just dont try to alter tactics that works for Google and try to cater Yahoo...

eestiman

Not so many people are using yahoo nowadays. Another interesting fact is that if you want to check your metrics in yahoo you will have to use bing's control panel. Overall I would suggest to concentrate on Google as it has far more superior userbase.

dhovorka

Well it seems like people don't know that Yahoo is still the backbone of all search engines of this world. And this is their asset which will not go away. The core index structure of todays search engine is still built on top of the original index spider of Yahoo. Google, Bing and Co would not work today without it. Google added one thing on top, which is user bahavoir tracking to finetune the search result. This type of indexing data is sole owned by Google and does not rely on the core Yahoo structure.

nins_809

Base from my own experience there was a time that I only use yahoo in most of my searches. But when android phones were introduced I already forgotten about yahoo. Its like its only a ghost now from the past. For me yahoo cant keep with google anymore. But I'm pretty sure there are still a lot of yahoo users out there.

justraf16

Way back late 1990s and early 2000s I was using Yahoo for my search engine. But when I have heard about google, I tried it out and never used Yahoo for searching anymore. I just don't know how is it right now as I haven't used it for ages of time already.

jayveeramos07

Yes! Yahoo has been credible ever since and some people still prefer to use it because of its simplicity. Some people nowadays are into brands that they use, same thing happens to Bing. People who loves Microsoft Products stick on the search engine made by the company.

As we all know, Google is the most popular search engine because of its features and linkage to other websites, but Yahoo is also doing a great job on providing quality user experience.

It is, just like others, offer suggested search keywords in the queries--a great feature that help the users to know how they will going to type what's on their mind. Another great feature that people love in Yahoo is their news sections: Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo News and the most searched Yahoo Answers. People still prefer to visit those sections, instead of searching through other sites. So in a nutshell, Yahoo is indeed worth-optimizing. Go for it!

marko0313

For me, YAHOO is still a valuable search engine. Not all items are found in GOOGLE but some items are found in YAHOO. One of the most item that I like in YAHOO is that there homepage have all these articles from fashion, politics, sports, lifestyles and many others. Unlik in GOOGLE and other search engines you only have to see their LOGO and a search bar to search the item that you want to know. So for me YAHOO is still valuable even though more of the users are using GOOGLE.

argel241

Yahoo is my secondary search engine.Whenever I cannot find the answers from google search then that the time I go to Yahoo search and there I found what I am actually looking.Well to anwer your question,yes.It is still valuable to use yahoo search engine.

arienzi

Way back before I'm using yahoo as search engine for news but then google came and it is more realible and easy to access unlike to yahoo a lot of stuff is shown just in their home page so it is kinda confusing to users. Bing is good but the other benefits of it like bingrewards is still not available in all region.

tiffiecute

I don't use Yahoo anymore for doing research or anything close to that. I only get to use Yahoo Mail since I have a working email with them.

When it comes to search engine, nothing beats Google. It has evolved hugely in terms of applications, security measures and the range of data it covers.

nins_809

When you say valuable yes its still valuable. Although it is not used that much compared to google. Specially for android phones the main browser which is preinstalled is google. But yahoo is still not left behind. It is still a very useful search engine.

fern2x2001

Well, for me personally, i never used yahoo as a search engine. I always used google as my default search engine. I can't speak for the whole population but i believe that a huge percentage of people today are using google and haven't also used yahoo for their searches aside from doing their mails. But if yahoo keeps on improving, you'll never know in the future if it would be the leading search engine like the google search engine today.

Pearl88

Humm...Now that is so true as well as a very great question. I honestly never saw Bing as popular nor have I actually used it. Yahoo seems to me to be a very weak search engine today. Google is the best in my opinion. Everyone googles almost everything and anything constanly. I don't think there's anyone in the world who has never said the words "google it" or "I googled it" My opinion is to go with Google. But whatever you chose will be the best decision because you made it.

Nancy G

I remember sometime in 2014, Yahoo suffered a mega hack in their system which triggered a general security scare in using Yahoo’s email accounts and its search engine which has served to the advantage of Google.

Nowadays, almost everyone I know use Google as its default search engine. It is user friendly, reliable for providing good quality and secure searches using its high filtering system , minimizing chances of being directed to poor websites or spam. It also offers suggested searches. Over the years, Google continues to develop and to improve its features like GMAIL, CHAT, NEWS, IMAGE, etc. bringing communication and search for information whenever you need it. Tracking locations is made easier with Google MAPS, EARTH, WAZE. Most Android phones are powered by Google. After experiencing Google, there is no need to shift to YAHOO.

jaymish

Yahoo is dead if you ask me.When surveys are conducted to measure usability of search engines, most of them don't even mention Yahoo. I had forgotten it exists.

Yahoo used to be the nos 1 search engine because most people also used to have yahoo e-mails. But Yahoo's emails also have numerous problems. People have switched to Gmail.

In my opinion, that's why Gmail continues to take the gold in terms of search engines.

Judas2018

Judas2018

No search engine is as widely used as google. It's just not even a question anymore. Yahoo search engine is more colorful and vibrant than google visually, but I doubt many people care about that. They want the best results possible when it comes to pulling up information. Google also is more interactive with its users. Adding animated or special graphics to their logo to commemorate certain days, events and holidays.

wiljonjr

Yes, Yahoo Search Engine is still up and running here in the Philippines, but because of the new design and capabilities of Google Chrome many internet users don't use Yahoo any more.

romadelgado

Yes it is but Google is better

Yahoo is still functional, but for me Google is better than Yahoo in terms of as a search engine. When you type a word in the Google, there are so many references and resources that will allow you to find meanings of the word being searched. unlike in the Yahoo. Another thing, Google allows you to see other topics related to the word that you are searching.

yuekai

For me it's a No. Google is what everyone using now, even the Yahoo mail now is getting slow and slow each day, not like Gmail it's too fast and easy to use. Too bad for Yahoo because I heard they have a chance to buy Google before but they choose to compete on it, now they are too far from google.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies