After some research, we think the following ways are quite helpful for a business to generate Leads through LinkedIn:
1) Get connected to people related to your field
2) Get connected to people in various industries that are your target market
3) Keep your profile updated, and make some status updates from time to time of some interesting contents that could be beneficial to the connections you have
4) Send private messages to the contacts with some introduction about you and your services
5) Join some groups of your interest and of target market industries, and start posting interesting contents on the right time.
The above is just a brief overview. There's ofcourse much more of How Linked In can be used.
Twitter is also a good way to market your services.
We've been using LinkedIn and Twitter since quite some time, it has been helpful.
Maybe I'll post some time in details on How we can generate Leads through LinkedIn and Twitter that could benefit others and could start a detail discussion on more depth.
Start with making connections. Get connected to the people who are in the same work field as you are. You might not get reactions on the posts of yours in the start but if you try messaging your connections regarding your work, you will get responses.