Affiliate marketing internationally (Tapping into bigger markets)

Carlos Kerika

Hi everybody,
I'm new to affiliate marketing and am wondering about the way your physical location plays into your SE ranking. I have been using a site called similarweb.com to look at the traffic of other sites, I think they tap into google analytics for their info, not sure. What I noticed was traffic comes from fairly localized areas: UK sites get most of their traffic from the UK, US sites from the US etc. Only once they get bigger, do they get international traffic. (Or so it seems, anyway) My question is as follows: I would like to tap into the Indian market, because it's huge. How do I get there? Do search engines factor your location into their rankings? If not, then I don't understand why the initial traffic is so localized. Can anybody help me with this? Thank you

Tamlyn

I am also new to affiliate marketing, but I know that waiting for your site to rank on the search engines will be hard and it may take you years to make your first sale that way. I think that the quicker and better way to achieve your financial goals as an affiliate marketer would be to invest in paid traffic.

You don't even have to put up much money in the beginning. Just start small - even $5, and grow from there. There are loads of free training videos online that can teach you how to get quality traffic at the cheapest possible rates.

Daniel Cortes

When your site gets more authority you will get traffic from all sorts of countries but here is what you can do:

Use a VPN to connect to an Indian IP and go to Google.

Type in your keyword and look at the top 5 pages of google. Those are your main competitors so analyze their content. How many times do they use your keywords in titles and posts. How many words their articles are. How many images and videos do they use.

See if you can get similar or better inks than them and outperform them.

You get traffic from organic results once your site has grown in popularity in the meantime try also Social Media for example Twitter and Facebook groups and build contacts in India.

Good luck

qba82

Tools like similarweb.com are not accurate at all, it is really hard to get accurate data where are users from. Most likely when Your website is more and more popular, it will gain traffic from around the world, not only from native English countries (ofcourse Your website must be in English).

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
SIG
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.