Will Apps take over websites in the future?

Dharmik

Will mobile Apps take over the traditional websites in the near future?

Rob Whisonant

Nope, not a chance. Imagine having to install an app for every website you visited. It would take you ages to scroll through your apps to find the one you want to visit. :)

Dharmik

That's a good perspective, but what if there's a change in how apps work on google play store and app store. As in, what if you don't need to download apps

Grishma28

I dont think websites would be able to take over apps in anyway. Just doesn't seem practical.

Aby

I believe none of the both of them would be able to triumph over the other.
Apps will stay for those who prefer simplicity over performance.
And websites will remain for people who prefer low costs over simplicity.

In fact, I believe a newer system would emerge which will have all the pros of Websites and apps at the same time.
With time these two platforms will combine and create an optimized way if consuming Internet data.

Last edited:

Dharmik

I'm trying to understand if there's a way where the web might be replaced by Apps.. and from what most of you have to say, I guess it won't be that easy.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
As long as you we have desktop computers and laptops, apps will never take over. Also, a lot of people sell apps to individual stores and companies. The problem is that the majority of people are going to download an app for every business. The major ones? Yes. All the small businesses, no way.

It's quicker to open a browser on your phone and type in the business and go. Could you imagine having hundreds or even thousands of apps on your phone and trying to find the one you want? You could be scrolling for days. :)

Brill Mindz

I think the line will continue to blur until it is hard to define what an app is vs what a website is. They keep coming closer and closer together. And if you ditch the web browser frame they get ever closer in experience to the common person.

geek

It depends what to count. According to eMarketer research, in 2019 mobile users already spent 90% of their mobile time in apps vs. the browser. Also, there are Progressive Web Apps which blur the distinction between a traditional apps and websites :)

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views