Moving site and renaming the domain

Jrattinger

Hi All. I've been tasked with moving a 3dcart site to bigCommerce (development is complete) and also changing the domain name of the site. I have little experience dealing with webservers, so I'm not really sure exactly how to facilitate this move. Our domains are registered and managed on GoDaddy. The structure of the new site will be different than the existing site as well as having a new domain name. I have a mapping of the old pages to the new ones, but not really sure where to apply these as 301 redirects. If anyone can provide any pointers, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, John

budgetvm

Which webserver are you using? What operating system do you have now?

I understand that you want to use new domain name and move 3dcard to bigCommerce. Do you plan to move the contents from 3dcard?

Jrattinger

@budgetvm thanks for your question. I'm not sure since we are not hosting either site. I believe they are both on infrastructures that someone else is managing and we access the admin/control panels as users of the sites. I assume they are lamp sites, but i really don't know. The development and content has been completed and is on the new bigCommerce site.

What i need to accomplish is to have users redirected from the old domain URL to the new one and allow for 301 redirects from old product pages to the new ones. I have a spreadsheet with all the redirects needed (approx 1500).

moonswamp

3dcart site and bigCommerce are all 3rd ecommerce plateform, which means you can't control the database and the site structure!
so it's better to hosting your own site with woocommerce and keep all the same structure as the old one!

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.