Thinking about joining the forum? Read this first!

Rob Whisonant

Of course we welcome new members here all the time. But on occasion we get a new member that joins and starts making a lot of post replies that look like these.

well said
i agree
thank you
i like that
cool
well said
etc.

These types of posts don't add to a conversation. And...

They do the same thing as a post bot that is being used to up post counts so the new account can post links. 99% of the time these are spammers.

What happens when we see this type of activity? The account gets banned.

Don't do this. Add to the conversations, let people get to know you. Be part of the community. Don't be a post bot. :)

Rob Whisonant

Now that was funny but sad at the same time. Had someone (bot?) post to this thread with just emojis. I checked his posting history and yep, you guessed it, all his posts where like I described above. Of course he is now banned. Talking about calling attention to yourself. :)

hipcat

LOL....classic botty behavior!

At one of the forums I moderate the bots always seem to make 6 posts and then leave. Not 3, Not 7....always 6....every day.

Do you get those here??

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
I have never counted the exact numbers but have seen many that do a series of posts and then leave. But what it seems they are doing is selling those accounts. Occasionally you see one come back and start pure spamming or private message spamming.

niamul21

Of course we welcome new members here all the time. But on occasion we get a new member that joins and starts making a lot of post replies that look like these.

well said
i agree
thank you
i like that
cool
well said
etc.

These types of posts don't add to a conversation. And...

They do the same thing as a posting bot that is being used to up post counts so the new account can post links. 99% of the time these are spammers.

What happens when we see this type of activity? The account gets banned.

Don't do this. Add to the conversations, let people get to know you. Be part of the community. Don't be a post bot. :)
thank you. This is going to help the newbies in forum site.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.