Why low Pagerank but high Alexa rank?

hoangvu

Hi everyone,

when surfing websites, blogs or forums, I have seen some websites like low PR 0 ,1 or 2 but Alexa traffic rank is very high, I didn't understand what is reason behind on it ?

waiting for valuable replies :rolleyes2:

contech

Google PR and Alexa rank is different mainly because alexa focuses on the traffic on a specific website, but for google PR there's a lot of factors, I would name a few so that would be if the site is properly SEO optimized (that includes submitting data to webmaster tools,proper permalinks/redirection) and not using any black hat methods (cause google not to trust your site), page load, quality contents and not just duplicating contents of other sites, etc.

pramod

Google calculates PageRank value from the quality of inbound links, higher the value of PR of linking page, better would be the Google PR for your Website.

However, Alexa score depends on the traffic of the Website, more the traffic of your Website, better is the Alexa Rank.

Alex_smith

I think their website traffic is more than the website backlinks. So i suggest you build quality backlinks to gain good pagerank.

HostNurse

As mentioned by the members, page rank depends on the quantity as well as quality of back links to your web site, while Alexa ranking depends on the amount of traffic your web site receive.

Alex Thompson

Hi.. I I think their website traffic is more than the website backlinks. So i suggest you build quality backlinks to gain good pagerank...

contech

Google and Alexa are two different thing, if you rank higher in Alexa maybe because it was indexed there, you should also work in seo thing to get your site rank on Google.

mugwande

Google page rank and Alexa are very different because Alexa focuses only on traffic that particular site has and google ranking focuses on the way you optimize your site.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.