One thing I wish I knew before buying a website?

Acelewis

Hi guys,
I am new to the whole buying and selling websites. So was wondering what was the one thing you wish you knew before starting buying websites?
\i think this is a topic that could help lots of newbies :)

hipcat

#1 is "due diligence"...don't take anything a seller posts as being the truth, as lots of sellers are dishonest on popular marketplaces, such as Flippa. Look into the stats, content, monetary claims, etc, and see if it really makes sense.

The most common claim that sellers make is that they are selling their site because they "don't have time to run it", yet in the same selling pitch they will post that it's easy to run and the new buyer will only need a few minutes of their time to maintain it. Well, it can't be both, so which is it? Either it takes a lot of time, or it takes no time....lol

Also, beware of fake screenshots. LOTS of that on Flippa too. Some of the high end sales are legit, but most of the sites under 5k are worthless. I've been scammed a couple of times and tried to learn from it, but I still find it frustrating weeding out the good from the bad.

If it seems to good to be true, then follow your gut instinct!

Kocerroxy

It is like buying a house; the first thing should be the foundation, how it was built on which platform and the history of the website. I should not forget about the niche because these will bring you a type of audience. The SEO situation is also essential, if it is too low will cost you to increase it. The cost and time would not be so high if it has a good score.

Farris

I will give you a great tip if you want to buy a website on Flippa ...

Don't buy a website from a person who is selling a lot of websites.

You might ask, why? Simply because these people don't care about the website or you. They only care about making a sale. Their sites usually don't have traffic or original content. And they sell 20 sites at the same time. If you see someone like this stay away from them.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.