Email marketing vs Social marketing, Which is more effective ?

manmad

Social Medias are by far the better choice, e-mails are only good if people have already subscribed to you and have started using whatever you offer, you would never open a e-mail from some random person and be like "Oh sure, I'll just buy this random product from this random person, because it's totally legit, right ?". With social medias you can get a following that's there for you and can spread your products everywhere if they like it enough. Of course there are some positive sides to e-mail marketing, however in my opinion, if you're smart social medias are the better choice.

centurion

Hi friends,

In your point of view, Email marketing vs Social marketing, Which is more effective ?
if you can, please share reasons why it's best for you ?

Thank you
Email marketing can make your website down. Because when you send 50,000 email together than you do not know which person will give you bad comment or will mark your website as a spam. IN case of social media marketing there is no chance for any visitor to mark your website as a spam. Your website will get traffic for the life time.

gogrowsite

If your business is new. Social Media Marketing is the most effective at all but if you already have lots of subscribers. Email Marketing is the winner because people would never leave their email but they can move from one social media to others.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
You are right on this because for almost new business or websites then social media marketing is an easy way to get immediately traffic without spending more times on SEO or other efforts.

But if you have a decent budget then search engine marketing is better way to go with, because its traffic is more quality than social media.

JoeMilford

I think that you need to utilize both, but I prefer using social media sites over blasting away with email lists. I am pretty wary of bombarding people too much with emails, and it's hard to find a balance, I think, with how much you should email or not depending on the customer. I don't want people to start to consider me some kind of huge spammer, so I do worry about that a bit.

rickylee

It is hard to compare them and to understand which one performs better. They might serve very different purposes in your overall marketing strategy. Social media marketing and Email Marketing are the two pillars of Digital Marketing Strategy. Email is in general better at driving traffic and direct conversions and social media, engaging with your audience. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter are great for businesses to communicate with their audience at a rapid-fire pace. But when it comes to cultivating lasting partnerships and professional relationships, email is the better choice.

TheAuthor

The two are inseparable, it's the method you need to consider. Social media is one of the best ways to gain email subscribers, your list is where the sale happens. I'm receiving frequent email subscribers by means of my landing page shared on Facebook Pages with a Signup Button.

gilaraymark

For me, I only try the Social media marketing. I never had to try to market anything into email. But I think both has a good potential for marketing, Because I think its also a prerequisite to have a Email in order to create a social media account. So it means the number of social media users are quite the same as the Email users. But another But is you also consider that we can have a different social media accounts with the same Email account. so I think social media sites are the best to have more traffic into your market.

onlineblogger

Social Media marketing is more effective. Most people do not give much time checking on their emails as they know most of them are advertisements. Social Media on the other hand gives you more chances of being notice as people see a sneak preview of what you are marketing.

SirenOnFire

Social Media Marketing, no doubt. It's not like people really read emails sent from them by websites or online shops. As for social media, it makes people curious and interested. It's not as annoying as the email marketing too. It also has the ability to make people remember if they keep on appearing by the side of the pages they open.

AmieBotella

Long before the boom of the Social Media enterprise, Electronic mail marketing is working at its best. However, in today's trend, I would suggest you optimize your advertising through Social Media. This method now rapidly increases your traffic. People are usually logged in to their social media accounts and you can immediately know their response to the ad you posted. In Email, these days, most ads coming through emails get filtered and go unnoticed. Email providers now shave filters for these kinds of email ads and people usually just ignore and delete whatever ads they received through their mails.

ColdFlameChris

Social Marketing is way faster, easier, sure that it'll spread than Email Marketing. Not most of us now open and read their email regularly, unlike on Social Marketing, You can easily post, share and spread. It's way faster to get response as well. Hope that helps. :)

pjprins

You need both.

Social media has to generate the traffic to your mailing list optin.

From there you market via email.

Even though email has become less effective than it used to be, it is still the most "intimate" (one on one conversation) form of communication, with the fewest distractions.

But your social media marketing needs to:

1. Build your brand.

2. Drive traffic.

You can drive traffic through paid advertising as well - but doing it (or at least part of it) socially, will build trust with your audience.

Last edited:

johnmctown

Social Media Marketing is more effective nowadays. It is easier to advertise your products on social media. Today's email inboxes are full of unread messages. People nowadays tend to go directly to photos of products and ask how much on social media. While in my emails I've noticed some blocked contents and some are spam. In business, you need to have a direct interaction or a fast conversation on line. Emails sometimes and most of the time are left unread.

RajSS

Obviously, Social marketing is the most preferable than email marketing.
In email marketing, you have to send an email to every individual and check it daily for new inquiries from the customers. It consumes lots of time,energy and efforts.
On the other hand, Social marketing is very easy and convenient. You can easily manage to provide only one promotion at a time, and it will be known to all your social followers at the same time. Also, you can take direct orders from the clients. No efforts, less time consuming, and energy saving.

docmildred

It depends on your target market but social media is considered a good marketing tool of this time. For young ones, they are more inclined into using the social media hence chances of having your product/services seen and known will be great. Most consumers nowadays get easily annoyed with spam messages sent through electronic mails.

chillxx

I'd say social media, all people i know are actively using their account. But not all people check their email. Before i started working as a freelancer, i rarely checked my inbox mainly because I received tons of email daily, I don't know how to sort it out so end up deleting it all.

BelindaMT

Its hard to compare between the two because both have different purposes overall. I suggest you must you must identify which channel perform better. But I prefer Email Marketing because you have a direct conversation while social media engage with your audience. Not all your post in social media will see by your viewers that's why I prefer email marketing because for sure they will open their email.

owenpogi322

In my opinion Social Media Marketing is more effective because in my country people don't always open their e-mail accounts when they go online but they are always opening their social media accounts even if they have to do something related to work / school.

SimplyD

In my observation, the social media is now so much effective than email marketing. In the social media, even if you have some numbers of friends only. the friends of friends can see your posts especially when they are tagged. Thus, in a few minutes a post of a satisfied buyer from your products sill knwo about it and just like a word of mouth , that's how social media advertizes.
With email, you have to send lots of emails.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.