Email marketing vs Social marketing, Which is more effective ?

jaymish

I think they are both effective ways of marketing depending on the customers that you want to reach. For more targeted marketing email marketing is the best route. An example is if you already have clients and want to sell them a new product. You can send them emails about your new product. Social media marketing to me is best when you are trying to recruit new clients. However I think it is more expensive and takes longer to work because you have a larger audience, that is not necessarily from your target market.

Abdulhanan

I think Social Media Marketing is more effective as you know people spend most of their time on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. So social media marketing is effective way to advertise your business or product.
Email marketing is no much efffective because most of people don't open their mailbox even for months so they recieve our email but don't read them. I too don' use Email much. I just made this email and today I have more than seven thousand unread emails and I don't care to read them but I use Social media sites daily especially Facebook.

951Temec

I would argue that strictly email marketing is a dead artform these days because spam folders exist, and they're exceptionally great especially over encrypted email services. The best form of marketing these days tends to be marketing that is hidden in what seems to be content, and the platform best for delivering that sort of thing is social media by and arm and a leg. I would pick up only social media marketing over that of strict email amrketing, this isn't the 1990's anymore!

Heather

Why not do both? there is no harm in doing everything you can in marketing. In social media there are limitless ways of marketing, you can creat your own page, group or a regular acct. I would suggest that you should invite everyone to like your page, small activities such as liking, posting comments on your page and sharing your page content has a domino effect, it will reach other users newsfeed that kind of marketing wont even take much of your time. And for other SNS just post a nice, clear interesting images to showcase your products to make them have interest on you. And for emailing, I got tons of emails that I got everyday and none of them are being opened unless they had an interesting header. You could do both, just maintain the quality on your pages, people now a days are smarter comsumers.

DuyLinh

Which is more effective is depends on what are you good at.

They are both effective, but in my expericed, Email Marketing is more effective for me

All of my online sales come from email marketing.

But remember that this is only my point of view, my experiences.

kammy

Social media marketing is more effective. It is much easier to use, it is not time consuming, it is cost efficient and most of all there is more reach especially when it comes to networking sites such as FB, Instagram, Twitter and many more.

shanejhane

For me, we can both use social media and email for marketing our products. The advantage of using social media marketing is we have a lot of viewers and a potential buyers of a products, in e-mail marketing it is more professional and convincing to our target market.

Nancy G

If you want better exposure, wider reach to potential markets faster, use social media sites and attract them to comment or to be subscribers of your site. It is just like an open party or gathering where anyone can join. Be ready also with positive and negative reviews.

Using the email is more formal or private if you are specifically addressing to a person or company even if you are sending the same letter with a maling list. Unless it is directed to spam mail, the recipient feels the offer is more personalized, and out of curiosity will try to read your email. Since this is target marketing, you can easily assess based on the initial response and work on new follow-ups or ways to generate more positive results. With emails, you can even tailor fit your communication to your customers.

With social media marketing, you have no control over your market but can gain new or useful leads which you can reinforce with email marketing for direct results. To me, both platforms complement each other. In this age of technology, we have to continue utilizing all available and popular resources that best fit our business needs.

Athena251

I think social marketing is effective than email marketing. Most of the people nowadays tend to visit their social media accounts more than their emails. If we will widen our perspective, we can see that people have a lot of social media accounts but only have one email account. It means that there are greater chances for a person to see an ad or a promotion in his/her social media account than his/her email account. However, we can't close the fact that there are still people who uses their emails more. Most of them are the professionals or those who are in the upper class. In conclusion, we should consider our target market or we can use both of them.

markusbaskets

Social media maybe can be faster but there is also the other side of the coin. There is so many social media platforms, so you simply can't hit all of them. And there is so many people that don't use any of them BUT everone has an email.

Judas2018

Social marketing easy, hands down. It provides more avenues for success, and you'll reap the benefits quite quickly. Email marketing is basically spam. Sending people unsolicited emails and communications is never cool. Your best bet, is when someone in your line of work contacts you via email? Include your official logo and official site link in your responding email. It's a way of advertising while remaining legit.

genesis

I'd prefer social marketing. One component, if you will be talking about business, is the word TRUST. It's really hard to show your appreciation to people if you'll be using e-mail marketing. And responses would be easier thru social marketing. Show to people how good is your product will definitely be shown thru this.

wjxavier

Nowadays, people are now into social media even while at work or selling goods and services to people, that's why I prefer Social Media Marketing. It's now more effective than Email Marketing because I guess for millennials and other generation, more social media applications are downloaded in their smartphones or tablets than of email application. I myself can be easily marketed using Social Media because I always open my Social Media account than an Email Account. Also, you may not be sure if it will be read by your customers since there is a way today of hiding your Marketing Email. It may be hided through spam. In addition, people has more social media account than email account. So, if you want to reach people, be advanced and take a social media marketing.

daikaads

Social Marketing drives more traffic than the Email Marketing. But if you ask me the conversion rate I would vote the Email Marketing because the target users can be reached specifically unlike the Social Media Marketing which is a vast platform. And using the Email Marketing you can promote your business to the users who are really interested and gave their email id willingly.

paritosh

Hi friends,

In your point of view, Email marketing vs Social marketing, Which is more effective ?
if you can, please share reasons why it's best for you ?

Thank you
Hi,

Social media marketing and email marketing both are a part of digital marketing.

Email marketing mainly used for direct communication with someone personally or share with one person and social marketing used for sharing a news or content with many other at a time.
Therefore, I think it depends upon your business type that which one would be more effective for you?

Tonysanders

Email marketing is the best channel you can do for your business. Social media may disappear some day and you lose all your fans and followers. You are building your prospects one someone's platform. if they change their algorithm you lose all your traffic.

satoshi

It depends. If you have a large email list, it could do wonders. If you have a large social following, it could do wonders, too + you can collect emails from your followers.

I prefer social media marketing and I also use it as a base for collecting emails from the users/customers/fans.

ORLOVA

I have read about this somewhere so sharing the same with you:

If you have to choose between email or social marketing, then make your choice based on your brand’s goals.

Social media marketing is better when your goal is to expand your reach and engagement.
Email marketing is better at driving sales.

pmtasolutions

if your business are new and its your startup than in that case you need to use both marketing social media marketing and also email marketing but in the starting time if you want a little investment then you need to prefer social media marketing it can be save your save money but if you have a high budget than you can use email marketing but both are always helpful to generate more traffic and lead generation and one more advantage with social media marketing is it can be save your time.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.