cPanel ssl or Lets encrypt ssl?

johnmth

Hello,
Which SSL is good for website, cpanel ssl or lets encrypt ssl?
Thanks

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Let's Encrypt SSL is a popular choice as it's free, automated, and widely supported. It provides strong security for your website. Consider using Let's Encrypt SSL for your website.

Additionally, if you're using Cloudflare, I suggest using SSL from Cloudflare. It won't expire quickly, and I find Cloudflare SSL to be very stable.

HostLittle

cPanel AutoSSL does sometimes fail to renew after 90 days, cPanel will send you an email and then you have to click Renew again -- can be missed sometimes. Let's Encrypt is more stable I would say, but same short renewal period. Cloudflare SSL never had any expirations.

venops431

Let's Encrypt SSL is a popular and free option for securing websites. If your hosting provider and website platform support it, Let's Encrypt SSL is often a more cost-effective choice than purchasing a cPanel SSL certificate.

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
cPanel takes a few hours to activate your SSL orders, while Let's Encrypt is instant. If DNS is resolving correctly, it won't take more than a few minutes to activate your SSL.

Moreover, Let's Encrypt is more trusted.

Dopani

Both cPanel's AutoSSL and Let's Encrypt SSL do a solid job of securing your website with HTTPS. cPanel's AutoSSL is super handy if you're using a web host that provides it—it's usually just a click away in your cPanel dashboard, and it auto-renews, which is a nice set-and-forget feature.

Let's Encrypt is awesome because it's free and open, plus it's got wide community support. It's a bit more hands-on to set up initially, especially if your hosting provider doesn't offer direct integration, but there's plenty of documentation out there to help you out.

In the end, both will encrypt your site effectively. If you want ease of use and you have access to it, go with cPanel's AutoSSL. If you're more tech-savvy or you like the idea of using a community-driven solution, Let's Encrypt is the way to go.

Brick John

both of them do a good job, but as I experienced let's encrypt do a better job. And other than this, if anyone want to use ssl, then I would always recommend them to use cloud flare free ssl. It's just best :)

CULA

Hi, the best fit is SLL I say because I'm a programmer!

greenhostcloud

Hello,
Which SSL is good for website, cpanel ssl or lets encrypt ssl?
Thanks
Both cPanel SSL and Let's Encrypt SSL are good options for securing a website, but Let's Encrypt SSL is often preferred for its ease of use, cost-effectiveness, and automatic renewal process.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.