My New Website Is Up! Review Please :)

londonmoon

Hi Everyone,

It is a pleasure to be apart of this community and I appreciate your time. I've spent about two days on creating a decent banner that is designed for the benefit of the company I am affiliated with called Motor Club of America, a roadside assistance benefits company. I'd like a critique on my banner of the header of my website, thank you all. Here's my website:

http://www.jermainepleas.com/

bob

Just visited your website, it looks good, clean and easy to read the information on site.
It will be better if some parts your content are real text instead of images.
According to me, header color and background color should use different colors :)

hoangvu

Awesome :D new site is good but its design need to be improved :smart:

NicholasK

Clean and Simple design not meet the requirements of latest web design techniques but still very nice and readable design.

londonmoon

Thank you all for your suggestions and critiques, I needed that. I'm continuing to better my website especially the design.

ron13315

Nice design, but you must improve your font styling, its hard to read specially the "join now button" also adding a line-height for the font style is good.

londonmoon

HAHA, to think I've been using the old html fonts! You are the best......thanks for the recommendations man.

ericplotz1

If you just use wordpress themes its much easier. I get new clients everyday, who come from a "developer" they just spent $1k with, developing a site that looks similar to yours. I charge $500, build a WP site with some minor CSS alterations in about a day, and my clients never go anywhere! They stay right with me, because they are so impressed that I "built" this wordpress site that looks amazing for less $$ then they paid a "developer" to give them a more generic looking site.

I try to tell my little developer buddies that give me sh*t about it, but they don't listen. They keep coding their sites or whatever, while guys like me are taking their clients everyday with wordpress sites and banking.

Not trying to rag on your site man, but it does look kinda "dated".

Save yourself the agony and just start using wordpress bud! I promise, you'll thank me later.

RockSite1

The opening graphic is striking. Perhaps you might have a slide-show of different cars, or parts of the site there. I'm not sure what good the blue bar at the top is doing anybody. When I go to different parts of the site, the menu items for the parts I've visited stay red. I have mixed feelings about that, although that's the way text links work. You don't want them to avoid a part of the site because they visited it once already. One way to spiff it up, is to have a menu that stays at the top of the screen even as you scroll down. The text on the buttons which says "Get Started" and "Learn More" should be centered in the buttons. I'm not sure if MCA wants their commercial website to be a blog, but then perhaps it could be redone in blog software. I'm no WordPress expert. You might also consider making a menu item "Sign Up" or "Assistance Plans" just so it is one of the first things you see (although I'd put it toward the end of the menu). A customer testimonials page might help too; and even possibly a forum.

Last edited:
Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.